The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Mini Review

+6
Ba5sett
Wonkey
Fatboy Geezer
Tenlo
Colne Crusader
Sedgendary
10 posters

Go down

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Mini Review Empty Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Mini Review

Post  Sedgendary Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Name of Game: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Style of Game: Open world Action RPG
Graphics Quality: 8/10
Sound Quality: 9/10
Difficulty: Medium
Ach points: Easy 900 some tricky achievements for the 1000
Brief Thoughts:
Probably the best Middle-Earth game in many years Monolith took many elements from both the Assassin’s Creed and Batman Arkham games and combined them into one of the best games I have played this year. From the Assassin’s Creed series they took the world exploration and the way that missions are discovered via towers. From the Batman Arkham games they took the Detective mode and the combat system. One of the new systems that they introduced was the Nemesis system, this is the way that you can disrupt the leadership of the Orcs by interrupting power struggles and gaining specific relationships with individual Orc Captains. For example I was fighting one Captain who was quickly joined by two other Captains and a horde of soldier orcs so I hightailed it out of there, the next time I met that Captain the intro to the fight had him mock me by telling me that he and his boys had had a great time laughing about watching me running away from him.
Overall this game is worth picking up by anyone who enjoys this type of game or the source material.

Overall Score: 9/10
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : Sedgendary
Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2014-10-01
TGD Reputation : 96
TGD Elite Member Points : 5249

Back to top Go down

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Mini Review Empty Re: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Mini Review

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Nice work Sedge.

This has become my most wanted new release. If I could afford bone games, I would definitely buy it! Lol. Very Happy
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13384

Back to top Go down

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Mini Review Empty Re: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Mini Review

Post  Tenlo Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:18 pm

My mate said similar things, but did point out it is not the longest of games though?
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11944

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedgendary Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:41 pm

It isn't massively long, I'd say around 12-15 hours, it was getting rather samey towards the end though so I think they ended it around the right point before it got too stale

For some reason my save file says it is 65 hours but I think that is because it is counting all the hours I had it running in the background whilst watching Netflix
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : Sedgendary
Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2014-10-01
TGD Reputation : 96
TGD Elite Member Points : 5249

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Waiting for the price to drop as I always do with single player games. Always wanted this

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:22 am

its a fun game, and in my experience the nemesis system will provide a far great distraction than the "story" which is light and full of holes.

It is however a great fun game to play, especially getting vengeance for your killed online friends in the Vendetta missions.

Not really worth full price, but definitely worth playing if you enjoy crushing Uruk heads

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:05 am

DoubtfulPrism wrote:its a fun game, and in my experience the nemesis system will provide a far great distraction than the "story" which is light and full of holes.

It is however a great fun game to play, especially getting vengeance for your killed online friends in the Vendetta missions.

Not really worth full price, but definitely worth playing if you enjoy crushing Uruk heads

May borrow it once you are done matey
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7472

Back to top Go down

Post  Wonkey Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Fatboy Geezer wrote:
DoubtfulPrism wrote:its a fun game, and in my experience the nemesis system will provide a far great distraction than the "story" which is light and full of holes.

May borrow it once you are done matey

Next time you are down in glorious essex shout and you can borrow mine
Wonkey
Wonkey
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : The Wonkey
Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2013-06-25
TGD Reputation : 6
TGD Elite Member Points : 4219

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:56 pm

Good review mate I've been enjoying this, I think the key is the nemesis system, just before I stopped playing last night a scrawny Orc got lucky and killed me as I was just leaving another fight and was gloating about it, I can't wait to get on tonight and take the little bastard out Very Happy
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9077

Back to top Go down

Post  RabidHellBunny Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Think I might put this on my Christmas / Birthday list...
RabidHellBunny
RabidHellBunny
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : RabidHellBunny
Number of posts : 3375
Registration date : 2009-03-26
TGD Reputation : 141
TGD Elite Member Points : 9151

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:03 am

Nice review mate, my copy turned up yesterday, so will be giving it a go tonight
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7174

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:54 pm

I love what I have seen of this so far and like others maybe one to pick up when cheaper.

Seems you enjoyed it mate
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10068

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:12 pm

Thanks for the mini review there. I bought the game on Saturday after I read your little review(sorry I didn't pop this message then). The game is fun. Still not sure what going on in the story lol. I do love squeezing the orcs head like a little spot.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stee01
Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 6427

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum