The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alien Breed

Go down

Alien Breed Empty Alien Breed

Post  Guest Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:27 am

I played the udated new trilogy on the 360 and it was not too bad but could have been much better imho

So yesterday when I saw this in the pissy 3 sale for 2 notes I jumped at the chance to play the original again

It has the option of playing in modern or original graphics and has been tweaked to make it feel a bit better than my memory of the amiga version recalls

Its not a long title and I made it to level 5 out of 6 on my first go without resorting to buying extra lives but it does have some additional game modes now which include mp and coop

As a simplistic top down alien shooter its very much a throw back to how gaming used to be and for me its all the better for it. The levels are cleverly laid out in a fine maze style and the sound and graphics are rather fine.

As you also get the vita version for free its an absolute steal and is far superior to its later successors

If you have the console the buy this game

This is how I was brought up in our passion and to see it again in full hd wonder makes me smile

8/10

Back to top Go down

Alien Breed Empty Re: Alien Breed

Post  Tenlo Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:47 am

Always got fond memories of this game, now if only Chaos Engine or Total Carnage would re-appear!!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11944

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum