The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pissy Vita

5 posters

Go down

Pissy Vita Empty Pissy Vita

Post  Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Having owned this for a year or so now I thought I would reappraise how I feel about it

It has a fabby screen that is very crisp and bright and the touch functionality works well

The controls are just about right but I find the dpad just not quite as good as I would like.

The range of titles is not so hot, but I bought three games at release and they have all been 50+ hourers so value wise its right up there. Now I can haz pissyplus I also enjoy a free game each month which vary in quality but are always a bonus.

The sound is top notch and is as crisp as the visuals.

Its quick to boot from standby and games load up rather sharpish.

The PITA part of the device for me is the small mem options. Currently you can only whack in a 32gig card and as most stuff is now done via download you find yourself deleting stuff to fit more on. At least with pissyplus I can store the save games online but the syncing stuff between the pc and the vita is not very good option wise. I have 2 cards but I would really like it better if the just made a big 256gig stash as that would enable me to hold everything I was currently playing or trying to max.

The battery life is not brilliant (no where near as bad as that tomy toy fuckery from Ninty, but not long enough)

The new version due soon should address the last two issue slightly as I know they are gonna do a 64gig for it and also I would guess they will bump the battery life up

I now use this handheld as much as any device for gaming. Its great to while away train journeys and grabbing a bit of portable action during shitty meetings or shittier lunches

Some games work great on it such as Everyday Golf World Tour and you can get a lot of play out of just a few games
Lets hope the interaction with the new PS4 works well as I would like this Vita to be around for quite some time.

Back to top Go down

Pissy Vita Empty Re: Pissy Vita

Post  TreeMunky Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Couldn't agree more, I love my Vita (as I do my PSP). Memory is pain and it would be nice to start seeing some third party cards or bigger cheaper cards coming from Sony, you would imagine they would be on this like hot cakes given the PS+ platform Question A great handheld no doubt, unfortunately it is letdown by a lack of quality titles on it. Like you said it would be good to see this have a long life to come and if integrated correctly could be a winner for Pissy4?

I've got a copy of Killzone Mercenary I have to start with the intention of getting a mini review of it up for the site and a half written review of AC3:Liberation I need to finish.
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6701

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:27 am

I'm a big fan of my Vita and get a lot of use out of it, completely agree about the memory though, why they didn't just opt for some kind of SD card is beyond me or even release sony branded ones at decent prices, I find the battery life to be ok it does go down a lot during gameplay but the standby time is really good. The new model that they are bringing out will probably remedy this but for anyone thinking about picking one up its worth noting that the new model will no longer have the OLED screen that is one of the Vita's best features so it may be worth hanging on to see what the replacement is like before taking the plunge.
As far as games go it has an ok library, the main thing that it lacks are the big console quality games on the go that was promised when the console was first released, there are a few but not as many as I would like, the ability to get pretty much and PSP game and a huge chunk of the PS1 library is a big plus though, the PS1 games look really good on the Vita's screen too.
I'm looking forward to seeing how the Vita interacts with the PS4 from what I've heard every game except the ones that use the playstation eye will be available to play via video stream on the vita if they manage to implement this well then I can see it being a pretty cool feature
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9077

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:34 am

I did not know they were ditching the oled for the update matey

makes current one a must then imho

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Yep it's a shame really as the new model is thinner and lighter and has 1gb of on board memory and better battery life but they are switching to a standard LCD screen. The technology has improved a lot over the last few years but I can't see it matching the current oled one
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9077

Back to top Go down

Post  Lighthouseman Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:50 am

OK I have been thinking of one of these for Teddy. Should I get one and what am I buying.
Lighthouseman
Lighthouseman
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : lighthouseman
Number of posts : 3356
Registration date : 2009-06-19
TGD Reputation : 44
TGD Elite Member Points : 9499

http://Howard.miller@symingtons.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Lighthouseman wrote:OK I have been thinking of one of these for Teddy. Should I get one and what am I buying.
how old is Teddy?

Is it really for him or will you play it more?

if its really just for him then of course the new nintendo 2DS is a safer/cheaper and more child friendly option.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25632

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:16 pm

I think I'm gonna sell my Vita this week. I needs the money all of a sudden and I just can't get excited about any of the games. It's a lovely piece of kit, but I've only really played PS1 downloads on it so far and I don't think the original Vita library suits my tastes for the kinds of games I like to play on handhelds. Also, now I've got my new Windows phone, I can only think of cheevs on the go so the Vita hasn't even been touched for a few weeks.

I think I'd be better off with a 3DS. I'm not saying the 3DS is better, but I just think it suits my personal taste for handheld games more. The two are very different beasts.

I might flog it on one of the local Facebook buy and sell pages. They seem to be good for selling gaming stuff. It's in great nick still and looks new when I box it all back up so I hope I can get about 120 for it. We shall see!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13384

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:25 am

you will regret it matey

even more so when you start using the 3ds

and even more later on if you get a pissy 4

you do know you can play the ps1 and minis on it too?

if you do knock it out I hope you get full price matey

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:36 am

I know exactly what you're saying big E, and i am completely torn atm. What to do??!! Its wasted right now. I'll have another good long think but i probably need the money anyways.

Thanks for the words dude.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13384

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:46 am

I never play my PS vita either and I have two of them!

I really like it whenever I do play it though.

BUT I never play my 3DS even less.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25632

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Kotaku piece about new Vita.  The original piece from Japanese site 4Gamer.net.  Which once you translated through Google is amusing to read, lots of talk about 'metal wind'? I guess Tenlo gets a lot of that?! Smile
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6701

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content