The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dishonoured

5 posters

Go down

Dishonoured Empty Dishonoured

Post  Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:19 am

Dishonoured A Bethesda Game

Well I had been looking forward to playing this after all the hype

Its like staring through a Looking Glass at the old game Thief (lolz I see what I did there)

But unlike Thief this time you are hampered by a strange new factor....the cheevo

The game is basically a stealth or kill type First person action game where you are trying to right a wrong and stop a baddy from ruling a city ravaged by a plague...blah de blah de blah. It all looks and plays quite nice being built on the solid foundation of the Unreal engine.

And you have loads of ways of killing folks with crossbows and guns and grenades and traps and stealth and the like and these skills can all be upgraded and enhanced.......er except for the dreaded curse of the cheevo. You can be armed to the teeth, be a sneaky and cunning as a fox that's come top of its class in cunning and find tonnes of runes and max out your skillzorz but then you would miss out on a big cheevo. For some unknown reason there are some cheevos (one is a 100 pointer) for beating the entire game without being seen or killing anyone or upgrading anything, which is so fucking annoying. You end up replaying bits over and over and over again because a guard saw you or because someone you knocked out fell into some water or a dozen other things which will stop you maxxing the title. And you are not sure if you are on course to beat the level on a no kill unseen basis until you have actually finished the level as there is no place you can check your in level progress. So after 3 hours sneaking through the first part I found I had to redo it as some bastard had died somewhere along the way.

It ruins the whole game as you get no flow at all and you keep having to load up a save every 5 minutes.

I am sure my second playthru where I can take advantage of the environment and weapons and special powers will be better, shorter and more enjoyable, but by then I will know the story and be so bored with it that it will be a playthru purely to mop up the achs.

Another bone of contention is the standard shite of finding upgrades so close to the end of the game that you never need or get a chance to use them.

So its well drawn, well written and well acted but a little short on sound clips which end up being repeated far to often. Its got some good ideas and a great steampunk feel. But forcing you to play a game without all of the things that make the game good seems like an appalling waste of time.

If you don't do achs and don't care about completions then its a solid copy of an old classic with new ideas and a decent story. If you do like achs then its an annoying trudge of a title.

GOTY......pah....must have been a shit year

6/10

Back to top Go down

Dishonoured Empty Re: Dishonoured

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:35 pm

Well that sounds like a balls ache.

I am guessing the fun would come from a normal playthru first without thinking of achieves.

Thanks for the heads up I will go for fun first when I play this on PS3 in 2016;)
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25632

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Aye I agree with Kent, I loved the game, but did my first playthrough just to enjoy it and then played again for mop-ups. I personally loved the game, but I've also given up on achievements now as they ruin games slightly as they are just no fun if you concentrate on just the score.
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11944

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:16 pm

I am going through this game right now, and I'm finding it a lot of fun. It's not at all what I expected, but good nevertheless. The achievement list is balls though - I will definitely not be attempting to max this ever.
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8555

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:57 pm

I remember playing through Alan Wake without even looking at ANY achievements beforehand. One of the best playthroughs of this generation for me. Cheevs are indeed a curse as much as they can be a blessing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:09 am

well I finished the stealth no kill playthru last night and I found it to be one of the most frustrating gaming experiences I have had on the 360

Still at least now I get to play it again now and have a chance to slaughter all the guards etc who kept making me reload twenty billionty times! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  chrism1066 Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:13 am

Well done mate that is some achievement!  Personally I started playing this game but I couldn't get into it, maybe it was a phase I was going throught tho so might have to give it another go at some point.
chrism1066
chrism1066
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Chrism1066
Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2009-03-04
TGD Reputation : 25
TGD Elite Member Points : 6951

http://z13.invisionfree.com/blue_oval_enthusiast/index.php?act=i

Back to top Go down

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:48 pm

I loved the game!

The stealth playthrough was a pain though!!
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 6186

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:36 am

yeah I have made a schoolboy error by playing stealth first

my point I guess was that some of the cheevs actually spoil the game

Anyhoo I will get some 360 time later so going on a rampage!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:13 am

it is more fun playing through on slaughter mode but the fiddly achs still interfere which is a shame

I could see this being a fabulous title if someone in development had just thought it through a bit more

But slicing and dicing everyone I meet is certainly more fun than sneaking past!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:49 pm

all but maxxed this now

just got to do the all weapons kill which is turning into a pita

looks like I might need to go back to level 5 as I cannot find the sticky grenade blueprint on level 7 no matter how many times I replay it.

Big thanks to the kind Shootermcgavin who sent me this

Back to top Go down

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Your very welcome mate

I think I found the sticky blueprints in the guardhouse in the Lady Boyle mission........I think lol
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 6186

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:10 pm

Everton wrote:all but maxxed this now

just got to do the all weapons kill which is turning into a pita

looks like I might need to go back to level 5 as I cannot find the sticky grenade blueprint on level 7 no matter how many times I replay it.

Big thanks to the kind Shootermcgavin who sent me this

Interestingly I remember finding the sticky grenade blueprint now you mention it, but I never had the chance to buy one at whats-his-names place. Weird.

I finished up the story last night on high chaos runthrough. Don't think I can face a stealth runthrough though...
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:14 am

went back to level 7 yet again and this time followed a map and found the bastid

Quickly finished level and then bought the upgraders from Piero and headed of to Sparrowfart Island

A bit more carnage and it popped  Yay!!

realised I still needed two more ach and just knocked them out so its maxxed woot!

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Any idea how many hours you put into this, roughly?
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:16 pm

over 30 hours I guess

the stealth playthru accounted for many nights

the hack n slash playthru was a couple of long sessions too then I had another evening or two mopping up the odd achs I missed

apart from the sticky grenade stuff I did try and play it without any guide

Last night on mop up I went to parts of maps I had not seen before as I tended to still go my stealth route on the slaughter playthru but just not caring if I was spotted as I dropped down or up and went on a rampage  Smile

If you need help on any part then its still all in my head so I can probably point you right.

If anyone has yet to play it then I would really recommend the slaughter trip first as that would have brought me a much happier way round of playing it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum