The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crysis 2 - Should I play the original first?

+4
Stee01
Leigh36295
TheTCD
Waggly Bean
8 posters

Go down

Crysis 2 - Should I play the original first? Empty Crysis 2 - Should I play the original first?

Post  Waggly Bean Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:58 pm

So I've got myself a copy of Crysis 2 winging its way to me. I have never played either Crysis game, but I know the first is available on GoD only.

My question is for those who have played both games: will playing the second one first ruin anything?

Should I shelve it and consider getting the first game first? How much does the story follow on? And how much does the second game reference the first?
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8570

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 - Should I play the original first? Empty Re: Crysis 2 - Should I play the original first?

Post  TheTCD Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Playing the second game first wont ruin anything per se, but it may leave you a little confused as to generally what's going on in the first place. The first game I feel is definitely the better of the two, it's far less linear, and is a fairly easy completion to boot, but that's not to say there is anything wrong with the sequel, as it is also a fine game. In terms of story, don't worry too much about it, as there is a fair chunk that we'll never see because they are never going to port Crysis Warhead to the Xbox, which the second game falls back on heavily at times.
TheTCD
TheTCD
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : TheTCD
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2012-05-10
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4856

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 - Should I play the original first? Empty Re: Crysis 2 - Should I play the original first?

Post  Leigh36295 Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:43 pm

I only played the first half of Crysis a few years ago, and I still really enjoyed playing Crysis 2 and didn't really find myself getting confused at the story at all.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10143

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:03 pm

If you pre order Crysis 3 from the Crysis 3 website or from Game (little more expensive) you get a free copy of Crysis to download. To answer your question, you shouldn't get confuse by playing Crysis 2 first cause its a different character who wear the suit. I played Crysis 2 before playing Crysis and didn't get confuse. Both game is fantastic to play but like TheTCD said Crysis is better than Crysis 2 because its more open world, where Crysis 2 more linear and more story driven I think.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stee01
Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 6442

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:30 pm

OK, thanks for the replies. Sounds like I can just get on with it and play it whenever I want. Wink

I did hear that the second wasn't supposed to be as good. Not really looked into the game much other than that though, pretty much all I know is that it's a FPS. Razz
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8570

Back to top Go down

Post  BBK Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:13 am

I played Crisis 2 without having played Crisis. Understood what was going on, still thought the game was very poor though.
BBK
BBK
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : bbk70
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2009-05-08
TGD Reputation : 5
TGD Elite Member Points : 5636

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:05 am

I've never played Crysis and had no problems understanding the story in Crysis 2, great game too Very Happy
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9092

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTCD Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:16 pm

It's not the story that you won't understand, it's more "who's this Prophet guy?" or "What are the Ceph and why am I fighting them?", which overall aren't terribly important to enjoy the game. If you like to know everything though, it would be better to play them in order.
TheTCD
TheTCD
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : TheTCD
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2012-05-10
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4856

Back to top Go down

Post  Mavriick Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Yeh i`ve played crysis 2 and not the first one and enjoyed it, in fact i`ve still got it.
Mavriick
Mavriick
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mavriick55
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2009-03-27
TGD Reputation : 15
TGD Elite Member Points : 6187

Back to top Go down

Post  harry haddack Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:13 pm

I never played the first game but crysis 2 was a great game.
harry haddack
harry haddack
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : harry haddack
Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2009-01-17
TGD Reputation : 17
TGD Elite Member Points : 6734

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down