The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11 Hours Later...

+2
KENT HAMMER
FoxyBoy89
6 posters

Go down

11 Hours Later... Empty 11 Hours Later...

Post  FoxyBoy89 Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:05 am

So its now been 11 hours since Black Ops was released, what are the first things anyone has picked up on? enjoyed? not so much enjoyed?

I normally dive straight into the solo player campaign, but this year i figured there is no harm in playing MP first, after the first few eam death matches i fancied something a little more realistic than getting shot a huge number of times and still getting away so i dropped into a Hardcore Free for all, I love you HARDCORE is defiantly the way forward in all aspects of life Wink

The Zombies campaign i am yet to try and so is the solo, as i am aiming to collect all intel and complete it on veteran in one play through, as well as get the required 10K on each level which is something new i think?

Hopefully we can all have a few decent nights killing each other along with alot of ZOMBIES Very Happy

I now have to take a break from playing so i can go to university for an hour. but bet your last buck that i will be straight back on when i get home Very Happy (after taking a short stop off at JJB to get a new golf bag Very Happy)
FoxyBoy89
FoxyBoy89
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : FoxyBoy89
Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2012-05-28
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5777

Back to top Go down

11 Hours Later... Empty Re: 11 Hours Later...

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Blops is for you kids Wink
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Just picked my copy up!

Home for about 5. Then the gym (urgh), then a bit of tea and then after a shower I can finally fire it up around 7.

I have some photos from a shoot to edit, but that really can wait until tomorrow Laughing

monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2009-03-30
TGD Reputation : 46
TGD Elite Member Points : 7139

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatnicelee/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:08 pm

My problem with this series now is they have overcomplicated it, I loved COD 4 and WAW they were just simple great games, I can't be doing with all these bloody killstreaks and loadouts!

Still not sure if I will get this yet! scratch
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Elite Member Points : 6188

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTCD Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:16 pm

I was burnt out on this series years ago, thanks in no small part to Treyarch's gimmicky approach to innovation. I started losing faith at World at War, but picked up MW2 and had a grand old time, mostly thanks to Spec Ops. Black Ops didn't interest me at launch but I did pick it up much later on the cheap, it was mildly entertaining at best. I picked up MW3 just to see how the trilogy would conclude, and hoped to get in on some Spec Ops but that never happened, and I was incredibly let down with the campaign. I'll probably do what I did with the first Blops and pick this up in a year or so when nobody cares about it. I don't particularly care for the twitch shooter MP, so it's no great loss to me if the community is dead if/when I pick it up.

In all though I think Activision should put the series on hiatus, at least until the next gen, and start with a new engine because this heavily modified Quake 3 engine is really showing it's age. They successfully killed two of their own franchises already because of their insistence on releasing stupid amounts of games, and this series will eventually go the same way if they continue down this path. Or Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk were their tests, and they've finally got the formula right in this series.
TheTCD
TheTCD
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : TheTCD
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2012-05-10
TGD Elite Member Points : 4843

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:29 am

Update:

I played the first three of missions last night. I had to re-do the first one though, because I think it glitched. Not the best start. However, on second playthrough it was grand. Big meaty sounds, plenty of baddies to shoot in the face and things to blow up.

I had a go at online, too, and started in the noobs only boot camp, where there was a player who was clearly not a noob and in fact was very very good at this sort of game. Ruined it for me a bit, and my KtD was 2 to 11. Still, I'll not let that deter me. You always start out with shoddy gear, and he had levelled up enough to get better weapons, I suppose.

I do struggle with COD online though, as I'm sure I shoot people before they shoot me, yet I always end up dead. Can't be lag, my wifi router is about 12ft away from the Xbox! I'll keep at it though, because I want a good gun.

I put in my Nuketown code via smartglass. That is a revelation. Your iPhone just syncs with the Xbox, no messing about.

I'm not sure where all the game engine stick is coming from (not just you, TCD, in the press too) because BlOps2 looks miles better than BlOps did, and it looks great imo.

Finally, does anyone here work for Game/Gamestation? Is it not standard practice to inform customers that they have X amount on their loyalty cards? I could have got BlOps2 for a tenner! Mad

monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2009-03-30
TGD Reputation : 46
TGD Elite Member Points : 7139

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatnicelee/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:31 pm

monders wrote:I do struggle with COD online though, as I'm sure I shoot people before they shoot me, yet I always end up dead. Can't be lag, my wifi router is about 12ft away from the Xbox!

The Lag would be between your internet connection and the server you are playing on so you might still be able to blame that. Your distance from the router in your house doesn't matter a huge amount, though you would get a bit more of a solid connection if you just wired it in rather then going wireless if you are that close anyway.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8151

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum