The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSA WP7 update 18/4/12 - 24/4/12

5 posters

Go down

GSA WP7 update 18/4/12 - 24/4/12 Empty GSA WP7 update 18/4/12 - 24/4/12

Post  Tenlo Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:57 am

Greetings all,

This week I bring you a new release which is guaranteed to cause some uproar (I've also put a separate post to draw attention to this fact!) a relatively easy if time consuming 100% on deal of the week, A plentitude of news as well as funny video which nokia are using to promote the Lumia 900!!

New Release

Monster Island - ??????

First up as I've previously posted, this game will require you to buy extra coins with real money to 100%. It's also currently only available in the US for some reason

Monster thugs are on the loose harassing the inhabitants of the colorful world of Monster Island. Now, it's up to you and your arsenal of mini-monster bombs to get rid of this plague of unwanted visitors. Can you stand against such mischievous foes?
Unlock five different monster bombs, each with its own abilities: Rocko, Sticky, Xplode, Blui and the fearsome Don Tonator! Toss them at enemies over 3 worlds and 200 reactive puzzles which will dazzle you for many hours of unparalleled fun.
Change your character in the store to get new and cool looks.

KEY FEATURES:
* 252 levels over 4 different islands (and more to come!)
* Choose one of 12 unique heroes
* Leader Boards and Achievements
* Interactive tutorial to learn how to play
Try also the free web version of Monster Island on our website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Deal of the Week

Kinectimals - £1.49

Kent Hammer Easy 100% Warning - Yes this is an easy enough 100% but it can be time consuming due to grind!!

This irresistible mobile experience gives you the chance to use your phone to visit the island of Lemuria and play with, care for and fall in love with your very own cub. Bring your pet with you wherever you go! If you’ve already experienced Kinectimals on Kinect for Xbox 360, your phone becomes the key to unlocking five new cubs on your console. Stand-alone mobile game features Kinectimals’ signature visual quality, delightful animation and brand new ways to play with your cub! To learn more, go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

News

• 7 games permanently reduced to 79p - It seems there wasn't such a rush for us to buy these titles as Microsoft have confirmed these are permanent price drops with one extra game potentially joining them soon. However I still urge you to pick all these up for three reasons - 1) These games have 200GS available and are 79p each that's some cheap GS even if they're not all easy completions. 2) These are not just crappy titles many of these are actually awesome games and now iOS owners can stop gloating about Angry Birds costing more on WP7. 3) If this turns out to be a success then Microsoft will start reducing more prices which means more cheap games!! You know it makes sense

• Netflix now on WP7 - Grahamofthedead posted about this during the week (check his post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but I thought I'd mention it here in case you missed it, but yes Netflix finally has an app up on the marketplace which is free to download, though you'll still need a Netflix account to access the films (if you don't have one already and are interested, don't forget to sign up to Xbox rewards to get free MSP when you do!)

• Some great new free apps added to marketplace - First up is the BBC Podcast Lounge which allows you to stream a variety of Podcasts from BBC radio stations direct through your phone, its pretty well laid out and means you can catch up on anything you may have missed or want to relisten to. The other is a great fun little app for Star Wars geeks. Kinect Star Wars is essentially an app collating both your facebook and twitter feeds but turn your phone sideways for an epic innovation which is worth the app alone. It also allows you to post up on both accounts too plus gives feeds from cameo Star Wars characters!

Well that's all this week. Till next week adieu!!

Edit: Doh forgot to add the video i mentioned. Not only does it show off the speed of the WP7 but the comment by the girlfriend at the end is a classic!!

Last edited by Tenlo on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11946

Back to top Go down

GSA WP7 update 18/4/12 - 24/4/12 Empty Re: GSA WP7 update 18/4/12 - 24/4/12

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Good stuff as ever......I've bought the 3 79p games that I didn't already have, so I've done my bit!
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11097

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Oops forgot to add the video I mentioned, all sorted now though!!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11946

Back to top Go down

Post  chrism1066 Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:12 pm

cool vid, tbh i love how connected my phone is to everything! its so quick to find people/contact details for people
chrism1066
chrism1066
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Chrism1066
Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2009-03-04
TGD Reputation : 25
TGD Elite Member Points : 6953

http://z13.invisionfree.com/blue_oval_enthusiast/index.php?act=i

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Good stuff mate.

Any grind is not easy points!!

Imagine how quick and awesome WT8 will be!

cannot wait, its a struggle everyday too not buy an ipad.

Then I remind myself, no usb, no flash, awkward mail, the hell that is itunes and No achieves for the games
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  evilgenius76 Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Hey tenners good job! I downloaded the Star Wars app as I'm a complete unashamedly a star wars geek (in the exception I think george lucas should be dragged over 592 miles of broken glass by 4 stubborn donkeys). And it really is class! Also makes me want to buy a kinect JUST for the star wars game! Oh by the way the 7 games are

Ionballex - class game reviewed by me Smile
Doodlegod - Not played but now bought!
Toy Soldiers : Boot Camp - Easy 200
Glyder - Not played but now bought!
Burn the rope - Class game, quality music!
De Blob - Great game dont buy if your a 100%aholic!!Battlewagon - Not played but now bought!
evilgenius76
evilgenius76
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : evilgenius76
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2011-04-15
TGD Reputation : 19
TGD Elite Member Points : 5992

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content