The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shenmue 3 to not be the last episode of the saga? Thank you Yu Suzuki!

Go down

Shenmue 3 to not be the last episode of the saga? Thank you Yu Suzuki! Empty Shenmue 3 to not be the last episode of the saga? Thank you Yu Suzuki!

Post  Linkx111 Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:47 pm

*I Dreamt a dream, and now that dream is Cast on me. *

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh I’m so happy.. When one year ago Yu Suzuki announced the Kickstarter campaing for Shenmue 3
I’ve literally yelled at the screen.

It’s been so long since I’ve finished the adventure of the second episode.
Shenmue is an experience unlike any other else. A personal journey that connects
many a personal experience. It’s something you could breathe, feel, love…
It’s a game that could still polarize gaming audience up to now days.

At the time it was simply revolutionary. Fully voice acted, mo-cap, one of the first sandboxes ever (even if very small), a fighting/rpg Hybrid where you actually had to learn moves by reading their description… The atmosphere you could breathe in the streets of the game, the acting and the weather system, the connection the game would build with exceptional characters full to the brim with personality and the player…
All contributed to create one of the most beautiful and magnetic experiences that’s so dear to me.

Just today, Yu Suzuki, creator of the game, announced Shenmue 3 won’t be the final chapter in the series.
He said:

“Originally, as you know, there was going to be 11 chapters. It was only ever going to be two games. When we began development, the volume of the story was too big for one game. When we decided it was going to be two games, most of the story was already complete. To fit all of the rest of the 11 chapters into Shenmue 3, it could help the story progress, but it'd lose it's playability. Shenmue's a game, not a novel - if it loses its playability, it loses its purpose, so it's not the final part."
It's too early to talk about Shenmue 4, of course but it appears it's something that's going to have to happen if fans are to get the closure they desire. For now, though, Suzuki is head-down in development for Shenmue 3, slowly progressing towards the release at the end of 2017.”

How exciting! I simply can’t wait! Count me in mr Suzuki! Do 10 of them!

Linkx111
Linkx111
unaddicted
unaddicted

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-12-10
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 3188

Back to top Go down