Onimusha: Who remembers it? This Gem might be able to make a come back! But SFV comes first...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Onimusha: Who remembers it? This Gem might be able to make a come back! But SFV comes first...

Post  Linkx111 on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:09 am

*Let me tell you the japanese feudal war story once again. When I want. How I want. If I want.*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alright, let me tell you what's Onimusha is about, being it a series that, despite its success, hasn't seen many chapters in its run.

Onimusha can be described as an "action survival horror", its vicissitude being placed during the Japanese feudal war.
The game depicts characters really existed adding a veil of mystery and supernatural to it.
The game is heavily centered on combats, with a sprinkle of puzzles and rpg elements here and there.

Armed with the power of the Oni, the player can and will use magical power and weapons such as swords and katanas to defeat enemies.
The increment of abilities and skills will be achieved by absorbing the enemie's souls, used to power up weapons and armours.

Sounds pretty exciting isn't it? But Capcom has grown to be the silly stubborn software house we all know and rather than continuing
this fresh and new (at the time) approach to the genre, preferred to focus on other brands and IPs in their possession.

This up until today. when Yoshinori Ono (game producer) expressed his interest in the return of this promising saga.

Yoshinori says:

"Capcom as a company know we have many brands, IP’s and series that are beloved by players around the world and we always have fans asking us, when is this or that game coming back, I've spoken internally with people who made Onimusha with me originally and talked about maybe how interesting it would be to revisit that series. But fans should know that we’re not further down that road than the discussion phase. Right now, I’m so focused on Street Fighter V that I’m not really in a position to start that same level of battle that I had getting Street Fighter IV made."

So yeah, the story repeats itself: Street Fighter comes first.

Come on Capcom! First Megaman Legends 3, now this... Give us what we want!

Do you agree with me? Wouldn't you love this amazing IP to come back?

Linkx111
unaddicted
unaddicted

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-12-10
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 790

Back to top Go down

Re: Onimusha: Who remembers it? This Gem might be able to make a come back! But SFV comes first...

Post  minkey_monkey on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:23 am

Looks okay, but not one for me I think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8092
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 11776

Back to top Go down

Re: Onimusha: Who remembers it? This Gem might be able to make a come back! But SFV comes first...

Post  Thommo on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:28 am

I'd love a new Onimusha, one of my favourite games on the PS2. Cool
Thommo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2009-07-20
TGD Reputation : 32
TGD Elite Member Points : 4284

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:38 am

I did love me some Onimusha in the past. It'd be interesting to see what a next gen version would be like and how close in style of gameplay it remains to the original
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 9517

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Yep. I would love to see Samonosuke return. And also that blasted killer doll. Lol. Awful thing!!
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6886
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 10947

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum