The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goat Simulator Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74

+6
KENT HAMMER
Kev Lar 1
dazzamann
Ackter
Colne Crusader
LethalThreat74
10 posters

Go down

Goat Simulator Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74 Empty Goat Simulator Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74

Post  LethalThreat74 Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:44 am

Goat Simulator Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74 Gs-ban10

GOAT SIMULATOR REVIEW

FORMAT : Xbox One and 360
DEVELOPER : Double Eleven Limited
PUBLISHER : Double Eleven Limited
RELEASED : April 17th
PRICE : £7.99

This week I’ve mainly been playing Goat Simulator, that’s right folks you heard correctly.

Developed and published by Double Eleven Limited on Xbox One and Xbox360. Goat Simulator is the latest in next gen goat simulation technology. If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to be a goat, indulge in goat like activities or even lick another goat. Then you came to the right place.

Goat Simulator is all about causing as much destruction as you possibly can as a goat. The best way I could describe it would be if you take Tony Hawks Pro Skater replace the skateboard and Tony with, yes you guessed it a goat. Instead of tricks it’s all about wreckage with style for example doing a back flip whilst head butting a basketball through a window is going to earn you big points, as is doing a manual (walking on your front legs). Link a few of these together and there really are no limits.
When I say no limits that’s exactly what I mean as Double Eleven Limited have deliberately left all the non game crashing bugs in game you’ll soon be bugging into walls, ceilings and even cars. This sounds totally horrendous but actually works well, making a game that doesn’t take itself too seriously even more fun.

Can't be bothered reading the text!, Check Out the video review.

When I first got behind the horns I started in the first of two medium sized physics based environment in which I had no clue as to what I was doing. Before long, exploring and interacting with the environment led to more and more hilarious and entertaining things to do. Everything from treadmilling, licking a hand glider, riding a bike and even back flipping in a zero g warehouse. Before I knew it I was the goat, totally engrossed in this crazy goat world.

Goat Simulator Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74 Image10

Achievements wise Goat Simulator weighs in with a full 1000g pleasing all you achievement hunters out there, the achievements are fun and varied and do require a bit of exploring, however you hard core gamers are going to find getting the maximum 1000g not challenging at all.

At first I thought Goat Simulator was going to be one of those novelty games that will soon disappear to the bottom of your games collection gathering dust. This was until I played the multiplayer split screen with one of my friends, It was one of the fun most ridiculous gaming sessions I've ever been a part of. I could see everyone enjoying this experience from adults having a beer together to an entire family hanging out, regardless of age. There's something there for everyone to enjoy.

I’m going to give goat simulator a score of eight and a half out of ten, a unique game that doesn’t take itself seriously. For less than ten pound your going to have hours of fun. Give goat a chance people. Baaaaaaaaaaah !
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : LethalThreat74
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2015-01-11
TGD Reputation : 27
TGD Elite Member Points : 4584

Back to top Go down

Goat Simulator Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74 Empty Re: Goat Simulator Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74

Post  Colne Crusader Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:22 am

Thanks for the read Lethal Bizzle. Good work.

It's such a divisive game this. I've never played it so can't comment but it will be nice to get everyone's views on it.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6886
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13323

Back to top Go down

Goat Simulator Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74 Empty Re: Goat Simulator Xbox One - Reviewed by LethalThreat74

Post  Ackter Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:34 am

Why was my post deleted?
Ackter
Ackter
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ackter
Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2015-02-23
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 4513

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:47 am

Ackter wrote:Why was my post deleted?

No offence Ackter and I know you didn't mean anything by it but to simply post a conflicting opinion from another site when someone's spent time on a review could be seen as dis-courteous. If you'd have made a comment about Lethal's work it wouldn't have been so bad. I know you were just offering up the other side of the argument And it would have been totally normal on TA, but it doesn't really fit here. We try to be more respectful. I'm not dis-regarding other opinions of the game; It would be good to have that discussion still.

Anyway, hope this doesn't upset you. It's meant with the best possible intentions.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:34 am

Nice review mate - looks like it could be worth a look
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1489
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7123

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:04 pm

Nice review Lethal. Bought this last week but haven't had time to try it yet. It does look fun so will give it a go at the weekend.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3260
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9422

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:22 pm

Good review of a good game mate!

I will be playing this again today as its bonkers fun!
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13806
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25556

http://www.TheGamesDen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:24 pm

Emperor's new clothes!!! Wink
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Nice review mate! I picked this up on Friday and spent the evening playing it really daft but fun game Smile
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3286
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9025

Back to top Go down

Post  darkenshin13 Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:54 am

that review made me think of getting this game, never thought of the fun and ridiculousness of being a goat affraid bounce Laughing
darkenshin13
darkenshin13
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Darkenshin13
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-04-12
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 3296

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:57 am

darkenshin13 wrote:that review made me think of getting this game, never thought of the fun and ridiculousness of being a goat affraid bounce Laughing

This review persuaded me to by it
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1489
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7123

Back to top Go down

Post  Ackter Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:58 am

Don't do it, it's a trap.
Ackter
Ackter
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ackter
Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2015-02-23
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 4513

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:57 pm

Well this game is currently live on Games with Gold.

Downloaded it this afternoon, and started playing, in what seemed like mere moments an hour had passed. And I was still bouncing jumping and butting everything in sight.

A look at TA soon had me knocking out 1 achievement after another. Although I do believe there are a couple of very hard cheevos to get the full 1000Gs.

I'll no doubt keep bleating away at it until it either drives up the wall, or I run out of working controllers.

Enjoy Kids...
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7245
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13242

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:00 pm

I've had this for months but never given it a go. I have a week off work in two weeks time so I will be able to get a lot of gaming in and try this.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:12 pm

Kev Lar 1 wrote:I've had this for months but never given it a go. I have a week off work in two weeks time so I will be able to get a lot of gaming in and try this.

You can get most of the cheevos knocked out in about 4-5 hours. But the Flappy Goat mini game is horrendously bad (and yes that is the hard/annoying achievement).
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:40 pm

I've seen a few YouTube videos of people getting very angry trying to get that achievement.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Sadly this gives me motion sickness Sad
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8092
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14152

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:29 pm

minkey_monkey wrote:Sadly this gives me motion sickness Sad

Boooo, that's a pity Minks, its quote fun for a while. But I'm bored of it now. And think I'll resign myself to the fact that I'm not gonna max it. That last cheevos is pure evil.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:59 pm

Tricky34 wrote:
minkey_monkey wrote:Sadly this gives me motion sickness Sad

Boooo, that's a pity Minks, its quote fun for a while. But I'm bored of it now. And think I'll resign myself to the fact that I'm not gonna max it. That last cheevos is pure evil.

Yup, not a good one for motion sickness people. Bunny had the same issue as well! I think that is one of the reasons I became addicted to ESO. I don't get motion sickness from it, ever! Where as every other game eventually makes me feel a bit queasy Sad
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8092
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14152

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:42 pm

To be honest though the camera point of view is terrible in this game, it regularly jumps position for no apparent reason.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down