The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evolve getting 2 new free maps this month

3 posters

Go down

Evolve getting 2 new free maps this month Empty Evolve getting 2 new free maps this month

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:18 am

Evolve is getting two free maps on 31st March for Xbox One, developer Turtle Rock Studios has announced.

They'll arrive on PS4 and PC a month later on 30th April.

The two new maps are Broken Hill Mine and Broken Hill Foundry. Both will be playable in Hunt, Nest, and Rescue modes through Skirmish, a Custom match or an Evacuation campaign.

Each map comes with its own Evacuation campaign effects. They are as follows:

Broken Hill Mine:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The first and largest bohrium mine on Shear, Broken Hill Mine produced the billions of tons of raw materials necessary to build the rest of the colony. Until the Monsters showed up.

Broken Hill Mine is a deep labyrinth of caves running below the surface of Shear. The cave system divides into three visually distinct areas: One area is a rock quarry, a venom hound nest is set in another, and the last zone has a massive conveyor belt running through it. These surround a central drill chamber. Hidden, destructible entryways allow the Monster to shortcut through the map – or to fake out the Hunters and lead them down the wrong path. The mine’s tight confines reduce running and encourages a lot of stealth and close-quarters firefights. One cool thing to look for: Look up and you’ll see the crane for the Broken Hill Foundry (the second new map) above.

Hunter Win: Mining Drones get repurposed as Shield Drones for the Hunter team in the next match.
Monster Win: Destroying the mining drill makes the environment tectonically unstable. The resulting earthquakes will flush out birds from the surrounding areas, deceiving the Hunters as to where the Monster is really located.

Broken Hill Foundry:

Along with iron, nickel, copper, and aluminum, the Foundry smelts the tons of ultrastable bohrium produced by the mine. There are several foundries dotted across the colony, and Broken Hill’s is the largest.

Broken Hill Foundry gets you out of the wilds of Shear and into an industrial complex. It’s an overlapping mix of open areas, corridors and low ceilings create new tactical options for both Monster and Hunter players. In the warehouse alone, there are three levels to stalk prey. Another area takes you through the streets – and to the rooftops – of Slagtown where a Monster can be lurking around every corner. Crates of bohrium, found throughout the facility, can be eaten as food for the Monster. Though the crates are easy meals, they don’t have a pop top. Breaking them open makes considerable noise and give away the Monster’s location.

Hunter Win: Energy-dense bohrium is used to supercharge the Hunter's jetpacks.
Monster Win: Destroying the foundry engulfs the Monster in bohrium gas, making its melee attacks even more powerful.
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7444

Back to top Go down

Evolve getting 2 new free maps this month Empty Re: Evolve getting 2 new free maps this month

Post  TreeMunky Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:25 am

Hell yes!!! 140 matches played and I'm not even close to bored of the maps we currently have. I love the idea of underground map and will make for different style of play (sounds like a good Behemoth map?). Nice win perks, I bet a stage 3 Goliath high on bohrium is going to be a bitch to take down! Can't wait for these to touchdown.
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6673

Back to top Go down

Evolve getting 2 new free maps this month Empty Re: Evolve getting 2 new free maps this month

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:34 am

TreeMunky wrote:Hell yes!!! 140 matches played and I'm not even close to bored of the maps we currently have.  I love the idea of underground map and will make for different style of play (sounds like a good Behemoth map?).  Nice win perks, I bet a stage 3 Goliath  high on bohrium is going to be a bitch to take down! Can't wait for these to touchdown.

Same mate, these guys are doing a great job with the dlc! I can definitely envisage some Indiana Jones moments with a Behemoth rolling down a tunnel and whole hunter team legging it in front of it Smile Cant wait to get back on this tonight, been too long. I hope our internet holds up too as minks will be playing dying light (eep)
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Ackter Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:41 am

Need to get some more sessions organised. I don't play it unless a bunch of you lot are on it from here.
Ackter
Ackter
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ackter
Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2015-02-23
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 4535

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:22 am

TreeMunky and I will be on tonight from about 7.30ish, feel free to jump in if there is space mate!
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:58 am

Broken Hill mine layout.  This is going to make for some intense face offs cheers

TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6673

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:13 am

Absolutely, it looks massive. like the look of the bottle necks too, some good tactical advantages can be had by either team on those
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum