The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest destiny update 1/12/14

4 posters

Go down

Latest destiny update 1/12/14 Empty Latest destiny update 1/12/14

Post  Guest Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:01 pm

1.1 : The one about Exotics. And the Raid!

Today's patch includes the long-awaited arrival of Exotics weapon buffs, additional acquisition paths for destination upgrade materials, along with additional changes to exotic gear node upgrading in preparation for the soon-to-be-released expansion, The Dark Below. We're also correcting issues induced by our more recent update to the Raid.

Weapons
Exotics
Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel, and sound overpowered. At the same time, they are not supposed to break the balance of the game. We hope these weapons challenge the way players think about their loadouts. Exotics will be a constant work in-progress!
General
In preparation for the Dark Below, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials to upgrade
The final upgrade node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard
Exotic Shards can be obtained by one of the following means:
Dismantling unwanted Exotics
Purchased from Xur for 7 Strange Coins
Exotics now start at a higher base Attack value and have a narrowed upgrade range to compensate
Thorn
Projectiles now briefly highlight targets on impact
Mark of the Devourer DoT (damage-over-time) upgrade increased against PvE enemy targets
Reload Speed increased
Magazine Size increased
Ammo inventory size increased
Stability and Weapon Handling increased
Bad Juju
Magazine Size increased to 8 bursts (was 5)
Ammo inventory size increased
String of Curses now also decreases the cooldown of your Super on kill
Adjusted effects to not block first person reticle
Hard Light
Stability increased
Perfect Balance upgrade replaced by Fitted Stock (increases maximum possible weapon Stability)
Suros Regime
Lowered total damage at the end of the mag on SUROS Regime upgrade to be more in line with the Glass Half Full perk on Legendary Auto Rifles
Monte Carlo
Stability increased
Range slightly decreased
Monte Carlo Method upgrade now also has a chance to fully charge melee ability on kill
MIDA Multi-Tool
MIDA rounds now have increased knockback against targets in both PvE and PvP
Hawkmoon
Send It upgrade (which was redundant) replaced by Speed Reload
Red Death
Rate of Fire increased slightly, but Burst Damage reduced to compensate
Plan C
Weapon Handling speed increased
Player Speed increased while Plan C is in hand
Pocket Infinity
Speed Reload upgrade replaced by Extended Clip which allows the option to increase magazine size (5 bursts)
Vex Mythoclast
Attack Power increased to 323 (from 300)
Base Damage increased, fixing bug we introduced in previous patch
Enhanced Battery upgrade by Extended Mag (this change still allows for a significant upgrade to Magazine Size, but less than before)
Invective
Reload Speed increased significantly, auto fires slightly slower
Ice Breaker
Send It upgrade replaced by Lightweight (which was redundant as Icebreaker already had maximum range)
New effects for enemies killed by Ice Breaker upgrade
Patience and Time
Snapshot upgrade replaced by Custom Optics (provides a lower zoom option)
Super Good Advice
Stability increased
Truth
Magazine Size increased to 3 (was 1)

Activities
Raid
Fixed an issue we introduced in a previous patch, in which Atheon did not correctly send 3 players through the time gates
Fixed an exploit where the Templar could be forced off its platform
Daily Heroic Story
Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Heroic
Bounties
Removed the ‘Relic Hunter’ Bounty
Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Patrol Bounty

Vendors
Reduced Cryptarch reputation gain from Engrams, but reputation reward packages now have an increased chance for Legendary Engrams
Players will now be able to use Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks to purchase Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Spirit Bloom, and Helium Filaments from the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters in the Tower
Xur now sells a new material, Exotic Shards, to upgrade the final node of Exotics for 7 Strange Coins
Faction Class Items (ex: FWC Cloak, Dead Orbit Mark, etc.) are now replaced by Faction Emblems in the rank-up reward packages from Faction Vendors

Technical
Networking fixes, which should reduce the instance of the Bee family of KTOs
Fixed an issue in which using Xbox One party chat induced a slower frame rate

Back to top Go down

Latest destiny update 1/12/14 Empty Re: Latest destiny update 1/12/14

Post  Guest Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:07 pm

The very bottom line is probably the most important for me. No more running through treacle!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:51 pm

Agreed mate, it was a bit frustrating.

They seem to have fixed knocking the Templar off, or does that mean where he spawns to start with?
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7422

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:04 am

Nice work matey.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7245
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13242

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Interesting update this. It does look like we won't be able to push Mr Templar of the side of the map any more in the raid. Always expected this to come, which is why I insisted on pushing him off at every opertunity Laughing

I really like that they have introduced a way to get materials now without running around on planets for an hour looking for chests. I have no need to really buy armour and weapons with my vanguard marks so I'll probably be buying quite a few materials with these now.

I've not played a daily since the update but have noticed that while you now get materials like Spirtbloom etc... depending on the planet it didn't seem to say that you got ascendant materials any more, which could be an issue for some people. Though I've not played one so maybe they do still drop?

I like the Exotic shard idea though it will make it harder for some people to max their exotics but at the same time it now means you have a tougher decision to make when Xur shows up. At least if you get a duplicate buying an engram from him is has a decent use. I was running out of things to buy from him so for me I don't think it'll have a big impact.

Loving the weapon changes. Nice to see a bigger magazine for pocket infinity again though I'll need to test it on some Minotaur's in the vault to try it out. Can't wait to give Thorn a go as it got a load of boosts and truth should be now a decent bit of competition for the Gjallarhorn, when before it was totally outclassed by it.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2394
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8098

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:22 pm

Yes, might dust off the red death for a trial too

Back to top Go down

Post  mosher666 Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:06 pm

You still get ascendant materials on the daily but still only on the higher difficulties
mosher666
mosher666
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mosher666
Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2010-09-09
TGD Reputation : 80
TGD Elite Member Points : 6718

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:41 am

Yeah fears put to rest. Did daily last night a got ascendant materials, as always. Just no room for them to list it I guess.

I got to try out Thorn and my precious Pocket Infinity last night too and I'm liking the changes on them. I'm also loving the new material purchase option and already bought myself about 140 Spirit Bloom and about 40 Spin Metal that I desperately needed for weapon upgrades.

Nightfall and the Weekly (Venus Nexus Strike) both have Solar (Flame) Damage this week, which makes them pretty easy if you have anything like the Ice Breaker or Raid Scout rifle etc... managed to do all six last night with no major problems.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2394
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8098

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content