Themes and Backgrounds finally come to XBox One!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Themes and Backgrounds finally come to XBox One!

Post  Fatboy Geezer on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:53 pm

Really happy about this - looking forward to it quite a lot for something so trivial

Customisable backgrounds, desktop themes and a screenshot feature are all coming to Xbox One, Microsoft has announced.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer confirmed the upcoming features while speaking on the Inner Circle podcast (thanks, IGN).

"I was told themes and background pics are something that we are working on - and screenshots, you know people beat me up on screenshots," Spencer said.

"The team has done a great job with the monthly updates, some of the things are just a prioritisation and are a time in development.

"But I know that people like to customise the look of their dash," he concluded. "I think both themes, backgrounds and screenshots are things I know people want so we are going to deliver on them. But we can't give a when yet."

Microsoft has released a firmware update for the Xbox One every month since February, and included a number of major new system features.

USB media support, external hard drive support and 3D Blu-Ray playback have all been added, along with countless improvements to the console's Friends, Party and Achievements apps.
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 5125

Back to top Go down

Re: Themes and Backgrounds finally come to XBox One!

Post  dazzamann on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:00 pm

Nice find mate, have some Rep
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1489
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 4826

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:11 pm

good stuff

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:14 pm

I wonder if this will be in the same way they did with the windows phone... If so can't see it looking to good, but worth remaining hopeful!

I personally like having a black screen and just coloured tiles, but that's because it looks less fussy / cluttered

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8092
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 11855

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:47 pm

Isn't it funny though that in a whole year since launch its still a fair bit less functional than 360 was! Laughing

Roll on the chatpad release

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13806
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 23259

http://www.TheGamesDen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum