Half Life 3 True Thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Half Life 3 True Thoughts

Post  AccidentProne78 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:31 am

Before I start, I have to say that I realize this may be a controversial opinion and whatnot, however, I feel like Im alone on this topic.
Moving on...
Even though Half Life 3 has not been announced there still have been has been the obscene amount of rumors and myths revolving around the game the past couple years. Although I truly love Valve and most of their workings, I personally dont see the mass amounts of hype for Half Life 3. I still think that Half Life 2 (and it's episodes), are really great games, and what the games did during their release was something not really seen by others at the time. As it stands, Half Life 2 is still to this day, a really good game, but I dont feel as if it's the messiah of gaming that everyone makes it out to be. The way the game does story telling, and introduces it's mechanics is brilliant, but I dont feel as if they render themselves to be this holy game everyone makes it out to be. So saying that, I dont see why Half Life 3 is one of the most anticipated games to ever exist (at least from what I have seen). I dont feel as if the Half Life series has such a captivating story that has everybody screaming in their seats to continue, and even though Valve has proven time and time again to give us addictive and engaging gameplay, I truly cant see what Valve could improve or add to the Half Life games to make them stand out amongst the crowd.
Go ahead, build your mob and send them after me. I will play Half Life 3 when it comes out, but Im not squirming with anticipation until that moment.
AccidentProne78
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : AccidentProne78
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2014-05-23
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 1330

Back to top Go down

Re: Half Life 3 True Thoughts

Post  minkey_monkey on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:46 am

You're lucky lighty is unable to get on at the moment our he would give you a right mouthful hehe he loves his half life!

I've watched someone play half life 2 and I honestly didn't understand the appeal. Portal and left 4 dead... If they announced more of those then I would be excited and squeal and... Yeah. But the prospect half life 3 doesn't excite me at all. Who knows, I may change my mind if I actually play rather than watch but at the moment my wallet is safe if / when it's officially announced.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8092
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 11800

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:48 am

I think you are spot on mate.
HL2 was of its time, without equal. Valve have moved on now. Left 4 dead blew me away, as did portal 2.
I am happy to see any new valve game announced, weather it be a new ip or sequel. They know what they are doing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:20 pm

I thought half life one was great and very ground break but half life 2 meh... not so much. I only played through it once and didn't bother with it again Played th first on loads more and the Blue shift and opposing force expansion were great. Loved the boot camp tutorial in opposing force.
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2394
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 5746

Back to top Go down

Post  Lighthouseman on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:46 am

Well a bit late but just picked this post up ! Wash your mouths out you potty mouth people. Twisted Evil Valve ! I love you and Half life are the be all and end all of gaming.
Half life 3 is rumoured for next year when the steam machines are released. The game series is epic and half life 3 will top any chart and break all records mark my words.
Long live Gordon Freeman.

lighty.
Lighthouseman
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : lighthouseman
Number of posts : 3356
Registration date : 2009-06-19
TGD Reputation : 44
TGD Elite Member Points : 7097

http://Howard.miller@symingtons.com

Back to top Go down