The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft to sell XBOX ONE without kinect

+6
Fatboy Geezer
stubbymite
Ba5sett
minkey_monkey
Waggly Bean
KENT HAMMER
10 posters

Go down

Microsoft to sell XBOX ONE without kinect Empty Microsoft to sell XBOX ONE without kinect

Post  Guest Tue May 13, 2014 4:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

also news of games with gold in June for 360 and xbox one

Back to top Go down

Microsoft to sell XBOX ONE without kinect Empty Re: Microsoft to sell XBOX ONE without kinect

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue May 13, 2014 5:14 pm

The Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 in June are “Dark Souls,” “Charlie Murder” and a bonus game of “Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.

I traded Dark Souls, so guess I get to die again and get no achieves again  Laughing 

Well pleased they are killing off Kinect, that' the beginning of the end for it now.

Nobody will buy one with it in the future, lets hope they give us auto log in without it!!
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13806
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25556

http://www.TheGamesDen.com

Back to top Go down

Microsoft to sell XBOX ONE without kinect Empty Re: Microsoft to sell XBOX ONE without kinect

Post  Guest Tue May 13, 2014 5:17 pm

the spy in the cab is dead

long live the spyless

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Tue May 13, 2014 6:25 pm

For fucks sake I have bought Charlie Murder and Dark Souls in sales recently and still not played them.

I am going to stop buying anything digital and wait for it all to be free as paying a subscription for a slew of 'free' games seems to be the way of the future.  Evil or Very Mad 

I guess I'll get Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade...  Rolling Eyes
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3373
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8496

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Waggly Bean wrote:For fucks sake I have bought Charlie Murder and Dark Souls in sales recently and still not played them.

I am going to stop buying anything digital and wait for it all to be free as paying a subscription for a slew of 'free' games seems to be the way of the future.  Evil or Very Mad 

tighter than a nuns chuff

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Tue May 13, 2014 8:25 pm

Not got any of them Smile
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8092
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14152

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Tue May 13, 2014 10:30 pm

Markav wrote:
Waggly Bean wrote:For fucks sake I have bought Charlie Murder and Dark Souls in sales recently and still not played them.

tighter than a nuns chuff
I prefer to think of it as 'disappointment evasion'.
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3373
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8496

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Tue May 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Really pleased I payed all that extra cash for a shite kinect which I am never going to use while MS were insisting that it was an 'essential' part of the xbox one experience has a company ever done as many u-turns in such a short space of time as Microsoft with this console!?
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3286
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9025

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Wed May 14, 2014 9:11 am

like bertie says how many u turns do they need to do to keep up with sony?

I am with others in saying that i have none of those games and have heard lots about dark souls.

I think that big e said it best in his discussion about free content and what is the point in buying anymore when we get so much free stuff  Smile 
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4309
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10015

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Wed May 14, 2014 9:15 am

Good point stubby, with the free games we are getting with the 360 and the one thats a potential of 4 a month if you have both consoles - and that, no matter what people say, is a pretty damn good perk if you ask me
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7422

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Wed May 14, 2014 9:17 am

Glad to see the improvements to games with gold seems to be turning into a decent service now
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Wed May 14, 2014 9:54 am

Fatboy Geezer wrote:Good point stubby, with the free games we are getting with the 360 and the one thats a potential of 4 a month if you have both consoles - and that, no matter what people say, is a pretty damn good perk if you ask me

Agree with this 100%
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8092
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14152

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 14, 2014 10:52 am

eventually you will all know I am always right lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Wed May 14, 2014 11:09 am

I'm bloody glad i got my bone for free. I would be mightily annoyed if I'd paid for a kinect.

It's quite amusing how MS are having to basically follow the model that Sony implemented for the ps4.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6886
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13323

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Wed May 14, 2014 11:13 am

was reading earlier that ms have also stated that early adopters will not get anything for free.

so basially we all bought the early console and now its eighty quid cheaper but hard shit thats your luck out!

yeah nice one ms Shocked 
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4309
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10015

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Wed May 14, 2014 11:25 am

stubbymite wrote:was reading earlier that ms have also stated that early adopters will not get anything for free.

so basially we all bought the early console and now its eighty quid cheaper but hard shit thats your luck out!

yeah nice one ms Shocked 

It wouldn't be Microsoft if they didn't shaft their loyal customer base regularly. (Then again the same can be said for many big corporations nowadays).
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7245
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13242

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 14, 2014 11:34 am

they have rather changed over the last few years

I find them worrying now

the ease of which your data is on their systems with the Microsoft account which is a security nightmare waiting to happen, the appalling win 8 the intrusive and poor Kinect and now the subscription based glorified microtransactional office offerings are all imho massive backward steps

still as the trickster says most big corps pump you in the brown star

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Wed May 14, 2014 11:52 am

The way that they have changed policies so regularly with the xbox one is worrying it's like they don't have any clear direction or confidence in what they are doing, hopefully this new fella who is in charge of Xbox will change that and hopefully we start to get some good games coming out for it soon
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Tue May 20, 2014 4:44 pm

What happened to their insistence that kinect is, sorry, was, the future? They kept saying the would never even consider offering it without the kinect and now they've changed their tune.
So everything they said at the beginning was complete bullshit, with hindsight. Wankers!!
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7424

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Wed May 21, 2014 4:25 am

Am I the only person who enjoys kinnect. Don't blame Microsoft for doing a console without one. Gotta remember that Kinect isn't  Phil Spencer's vision, It was Don Matricks. And Phil is all about pleasing the gamers it seems. He has a lot of mess to clean up after Don before we can really get the XBO going! At least he is on the right track so far I think.
while we are on the subject. Does the Xboxone kinnect works on a 360? The reason why I am asking because I am giving my beloved 360 to my youth group and kinnect would be great for the kids.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stee01
Number of posts : 826
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 6377

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:57 pm

Well so far I've used Kinect for a few voice commands, and a little bit of the Xbox Fitness app (really must crack on with more of that).

Anyway tonight I've watched a movie through my Xbone for the first time. A quiet night in and the wife is out, looking through SKY movies and then the box office, i spotted the Robocop remake, and was just about to select it, when i thought I'd look on the Microsoft store to see how the price compared. It £5.49 on SKY Box Office, and £4.49 on the XBOX, both version were in HD. Was a little unsure how well the streaming would be on the Bone, but it worked absolutely fine. And i found the Kinect voice commands great to use, much easier than picking up your controller, to find out its gone to sleep. And having to wait, just so you can pause it, to grab a drink/snack/toilet break etc.

I'll certainly use it again. In fact I'm even thinking of buying a couple of TV boxsets to watch, as i should be able to watch on both my Bone and my Surface tablet.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7245
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13242

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum