Crash Course 2 Tournament

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crash Course 2 Tournament

Post  Waggly Bean on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

This will be a knockout tournament to declare the overall champion of Crash Course 2. This will be a friendly tournament, although there will be an XBLA game code up for grabs for the Crash Course 2 king or queen. Crash Course 2 is free so NO EXCUSES! Razz

Rules
- STAGE 1: post below to enter the tourney.
- STAGE 2: Participants will be paired up randomly. These pairs will be listed in this thread by me.
- It is then up to each pair to arrange a game before the cut off date set by me.
- Set up for game: will be a best of 5 rounds between each player (specifics to follow).
- Failure to arrange and play your game before the cut-off date may result in disqualification. If there are any problems getting your paired rival to play with you, you need to post in this thread so I can either arrange a new partner for you or decide that the other person has forfeited their place.
- When each pair has played their game, they will come back to this thread and post who won out of the two. The winners will go on to the next stage of the tourney and face a winner from another pair. I will post tournament progress here in the first post for you to follow along with. Smile
- Eventually we will get to the final, and the winner will be declared. This person shall be idolised by all, and given an amazing prize!
- NOTE: New site members are welcome to join in and will be eligible for any prizes given.

So, who's up for it? We need 8 to make this a goer, but 16 would be more exciting! Wink

ENTRANTS:

1. Waggly
  2. Markav
  3. Rogue Minerva
  4. Tricky34
  5. minkey_monkey
  6. Leigh36295
  7. Tenlo
  8. RabidHellBunny
  9. ruffriddimz
  10. Lighthouseman
  11. Colne Crusader
  12. Jevil
  13. FoxyBoy89
  14. TreeMunky

As you can probably tell, the lack of a full 16 players has left the table slightly lop-sided, meaning two players automatically have to start from the quarter finals. There are pros and cons to this - these guys obviously have to sit out the first rounds, but it does of course mean they are closer to being crowned winner straight off the mark! Razz

Next steps:
Stage 1 Rules:

Stage 1 Rules

• Each pair must arrange to play their own game. Any problems with this must be reported in the thread.
  • The winner will be the top player from a best of 5 game.
  • For the first level of the tournament, I recommend playing the Amazon Jungle Tournament.
  • To set up the game, one player will need to go to Multiplayer > Private Match. On the lobby screen, (s)he will need to press RB to change courses, and select 'Amazon Jungle' from the 'tournament' tab. You may need to "buy" this tournament with your stars - I believe I had enough stars to do this straight away when I started the game, but if neither player can afford it for whatever reason (and doesn't want to play any single player levels to earn a few stars) you can make up a best of 5 of your own with the levels you do have available, as long as you are both in agreement about playing those ones.
  • Once the game has been played either player can come back here and post in this thread to say who won, so I can update the scoreboards!
  • You have until the end of the day 03/11/13 to complete this stage of the tournament (although hopefully we will all be done long before then!)

So, these people now need to arrange their own games:

1. Lighthouseman vs Minkey Monkey
  2. Waggly Bean vs Leigh36295
  3. Ruffridimz vs Tricky34
  4. RabidHellBunny vs Tenlo
  5. Colne Crusader vs IAmProjectAlice
  6. FoxyBoy89 vs Markav

Jevil and Treemunky wait for the next stage. Sorry guys! Embarassed

Stage 2 Rules:

Stage 2 Rules

• Each pair must arrange to play their own game. Any problems with this must be reported in the thread.
  • For the quarter finals, I recommend playing the second tournament levels, Antarctic Tournament.
  • To set up the game, one player will need to go to Multiplayer > Private Match. On the lobby screen, (s)he will need to press RB to change courses, and select 'Antarctic' from the 'tournament' tab. You may need to "buy" this tournament with your stars, but if neither player can afford it for whatever reason (and doesn't want to play any single player levels to earn a few stars) you can make up a best of 5 of your own with the levels you do have available, as long as you are both in agreement about playing those ones.
  • No jinxes or powerups are to be used.
  • Once the game has been played either player can come back here and post in this thread to say who won, so I can update the scoreboards!
  • You have until the end of the day 24/11/13 to complete this stage of the tournament (although hopefully you will all be done long before then!)

1. Jevil vs Minkey Monkey
  2. Leigh36295 vs Tricky34
  3. TreeMunky vs Tenlo
  4. Colne Crusader vs Markav

Stage 3: SEMI FINALS Rules:

Stage 3: SEMI FINALS Rules

• For the semi finals, you can choose between the first and second tournament levels, Amazon Jungle Tournament or Antarctic Tournament (players choice).
  • To set up the game, one player will need to go to Multiplayer > Private Match. On the lobby screen, (s)he will need to press RB to change courses, and select 'Amazon Jungle' or 'Antarctic' from the 'tournament' tab. You may need to "buy" one of these tournaments with your stars, but if neither player can afford it for whatever reason (and doesn't want to play any single player levels to earn a few stars) you can make up a best of 5 of your own with the levels you do have available, as long as you are both in agreement about playing those ones.
  • Jinxes can be used if you like. 
  • You have until the end of the day 02/12/13 to complete this stage of the tournament (although hopefully you will all be done long before then!)

1. Jevil vs Leigh36295
  2. TreeMunky vs Colne Crusader

Stage 4: FINAL ROUND Rules:

Stage 4: FINAL ROUND Rules

• The winner will be the top player from a best of 3 tournaments. 3 separate 5 level tournaments will be played, and the winner will be determined not by how many levels are won overall, but by how many tournament wins they have. ie the player that wins 2 or more of the 3 tournaments is the overall winner.
  • For the final battle, it is advised you play the first three tournament levels, Amazon Jungle Tournament, Antarctic Tournament, and finally Egyptian Tournament.
  • To set up the game, one player will need to go to Multiplayer > Private Match. On the lobby screen, (s)he will need to press RB to change courses, and select the right tournament from the 'tournament' tab. You may need to "buy" one of these tournaments with your stars, but if neither player can afford it for whatever reason (and doesn't want to play any single player levels to earn a few stars) you can make up a best of 5 of your own with the levels you do have available, as long as you are both in agreement about playing those ones.
  • No jinxes or powerups can be used, only fair races this time.  
  • You have until the end of the day 11/12/13 to complete this stage of the tournament!

TOURNAMENT WINNER & CRASH COURSE KING: Colne Crusader!
He wins a lovely copy of Snoopy Flying Ace! Congrats!

Last edited by Waggly Bean on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:26 pm; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : Winner info added! Congrats Colne!)
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3373
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 6143

Back to top Go down

Re: Crash Course 2 Tournament

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:49 am

Job done
I some how squeaked through 3-2 Foxy got done by the wrecking ball in the decider lol
We did have a laugh though, cheers Foxy!

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Well done folks!

Waggles - if we have completed our first round are we allowed to go ahead with the next now or should we wait for the 11th for new instruction?

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven  "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8092
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 11799

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Alice
Hurry up and knock that fuckwit out!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:03 pm

will do if I can, wont be on until friday

Back to top Go down

Post  FoxyBoy89 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:09 pm

Markav wrote:Job done
I some how squeaked through 3-2 Foxy got done by the wrecking ball in the decider lol
Was a good laugh, we need more games like this...Also i couldn't beat you in front of your kids Razz
FoxyBoy89
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : FoxyBoy89
Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2012-05-28
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 3372

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:04 pm

FoxyBoy89 wrote:
Was a good laugh, we need more games like this...Also i couldn't beat you in front of your kids Razz
Daddy! daddy! daddy lol

Back to top Go down

Post  FoxyBoy89 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Haha well played today mate! Was a laugh
FoxyBoy89
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Markav wrote:
FoxyBoy89 wrote:
Daddy! daddy! daddy lol
It was probably one of the kids you were playing Foxy......
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6886
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 10970

Back to top Go down

Post  FoxyBoy89 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:12 pm

Haha been douped out of the tournament lol! Kids playing but him on mic to make me believe he was playing haha Smile
FoxyBoy89
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:16 pm

FoxyBoy89 wrote:Haha been douped out of the tournament lol! Kids playing but him on mic to make me believe he was playing haha Smile
Yeah! Team Markav are very fiendish! Those kids are highly trained, and have modified joypads that use F1 parts.
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:43 pm

Well, Leigh just kicked my arse on that. Razz

Was a VERY close final race (0.3 seconds apart), but he was already beating me on points anyway so I'd have lost overall even if I won that one. Good game anyway! Smile

minkey_monkey wrote:
Waggles - if we have completed our first round are we allowed to go ahead with the next now or should we wait for the 11th for new instruction?
Sorry, thought I'd replied to this. I haven't decided if I will change any rules for the second stage yet, so probably best to wait until everyone has finished the first round. Wink

Think the table is up to date now. Just waiting on Tenlo vs Bunny and Clone vs Alice. Very Happy
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:47 pm

It was actually a lot more fun than I expected it to be. That last one was very close, few times where we passed each other, I got lucky by accidentally jumping, but it actually gave me a good short cut.
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 7725

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Alice and i are meeting up this evening at some point.
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  FoxyBoy89 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:37 pm

i actually had a really good time playing this,maybe worth us having a gaming hour on this one night where we just all play each other over and over?
FoxyBoy89
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:11 pm

FoxyBoy89 wrote:i actually had a really good time playing this,maybe worth us having a gaming hour on this one night where we just all play each other over and over?
I'd be up for that. For the purpose of this tourney it has to be head to head, but if we played it randomly you can have up to 4 players at once, which should be a laugh. Wink
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  FoxyBoy89 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Waggly Bean wrote:I'd be up for that. For the purpose of this tourney it has to be head to head, but if we played it randomly you can have up to 4 players at once, which should be a laugh. Wink
I reckon a lot of people will be up for this and should be chilled out, fun and a good laugh Very Happy
FoxyBoy89
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:14 pm

This game can suck my fat one!!! I Just had a practice while I'm sat waiting to see if Alice comes online. I played some.courses and then ventured online for a tournament against some randoms. As soon as you play against a human, everything you thought you could do goes straight out the window!!!! GRrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I managed to win but i was nervous as hell!!
Very Happy
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Well I should be on all day today now and tomorrow evening if Bunny is about, I'm only going to be playng random stuff all day so just message me and we can get this done!
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 9540

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:36 am

Today is the last day to play guys! Wink

Alice has been having trouble with her TV so may be dropping out of the running, but I will leave it until the end of the day incase she manages to get online with Colne at some point today.

Just waiting on slow-coaches Tenlo and Bunny now. Razz
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Bugger I've come down with a major migraine so probably will have to bow out of this unfortunstely Scratch that this medication I was prescribed has helped so I should be on today and tonight so I'll keep an eye out for you Bunny!
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 9540

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Leigh, i should be online tonight from about 6/7pm till about 10pm. If you see me online and want to get ours done, then pop me a message.

Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7245
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 10889

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:41 pm

colne i shoud be able to do ours tonight if you are still up to it

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Oh poop scoops. I'm out in Manchester at the moment. Don't think I'll be back til late but I'll look out for you if i get back at a reasonable time.
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:44 pm

ok cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:13 pm

Tricky34 wrote:Leigh, i should be online tonight from about 6/7pm till about 10pm. If you see me online and want to get ours done, then pop me a message.
We need to wait and see if the rules/courses are gonna change first lol
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 7725

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:22 pm

Leigh36295 wrote:
Tricky34 wrote:Leigh, i should be online tonight from about 6/7pm till about 10pm. If you see me online and want to get ours done, then pop me a message.
We need to wait and see if the rules/courses are gonna change first lol
Ah yeah, i forgot about that lol

Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7245
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 10889

Back to top Go down