Crash Course 2 Tournament

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crash Course 2 Tournament

Post  Waggly Bean on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

This will be a knockout tournament to declare the overall champion of Crash Course 2. This will be a friendly tournament, although there will be an XBLA game code up for grabs for the Crash Course 2 king or queen. Crash Course 2 is free so NO EXCUSES! Razz

Rules
- STAGE 1: post below to enter the tourney.
- STAGE 2: Participants will be paired up randomly. These pairs will be listed in this thread by me.
- It is then up to each pair to arrange a game before the cut off date set by me.
- Set up for game: will be a best of 5 rounds between each player (specifics to follow).
- Failure to arrange and play your game before the cut-off date may result in disqualification. If there are any problems getting your paired rival to play with you, you need to post in this thread so I can either arrange a new partner for you or decide that the other person has forfeited their place.
- When each pair has played their game, they will come back to this thread and post who won out of the two. The winners will go on to the next stage of the tourney and face a winner from another pair. I will post tournament progress here in the first post for you to follow along with. Smile
- Eventually we will get to the final, and the winner will be declared. This person shall be idolised by all, and given an amazing prize!
- NOTE: New site members are welcome to join in and will be eligible for any prizes given.

So, who's up for it? We need 8 to make this a goer, but 16 would be more exciting! Wink

ENTRANTS:

1. Waggly
  2. Markav
  3. Rogue Minerva
  4. Tricky34
  5. minkey_monkey
  6. Leigh36295
  7. Tenlo
  8. RabidHellBunny
  9. ruffriddimz
  10. Lighthouseman
  11. Colne Crusader
  12. Jevil
  13. FoxyBoy89
  14. TreeMunky

As you can probably tell, the lack of a full 16 players has left the table slightly lop-sided, meaning two players automatically have to start from the quarter finals. There are pros and cons to this - these guys obviously have to sit out the first rounds, but it does of course mean they are closer to being crowned winner straight off the mark! Razz

Next steps:
Stage 1 Rules:

Stage 1 Rules

• Each pair must arrange to play their own game. Any problems with this must be reported in the thread.
  • The winner will be the top player from a best of 5 game.
  • For the first level of the tournament, I recommend playing the Amazon Jungle Tournament.
  • To set up the game, one player will need to go to Multiplayer > Private Match. On the lobby screen, (s)he will need to press RB to change courses, and select 'Amazon Jungle' from the 'tournament' tab. You may need to "buy" this tournament with your stars - I believe I had enough stars to do this straight away when I started the game, but if neither player can afford it for whatever reason (and doesn't want to play any single player levels to earn a few stars) you can make up a best of 5 of your own with the levels you do have available, as long as you are both in agreement about playing those ones.
  • Once the game has been played either player can come back here and post in this thread to say who won, so I can update the scoreboards!
  • You have until the end of the day 03/11/13 to complete this stage of the tournament (although hopefully we will all be done long before then!)

So, these people now need to arrange their own games:

1. Lighthouseman vs Minkey Monkey
  2. Waggly Bean vs Leigh36295
  3. Ruffridimz vs Tricky34
  4. RabidHellBunny vs Tenlo
  5. Colne Crusader vs IAmProjectAlice
  6. FoxyBoy89 vs Markav

Jevil and Treemunky wait for the next stage. Sorry guys! Embarassed

Stage 2 Rules:

Stage 2 Rules

• Each pair must arrange to play their own game. Any problems with this must be reported in the thread.
  • For the quarter finals, I recommend playing the second tournament levels, Antarctic Tournament.
  • To set up the game, one player will need to go to Multiplayer > Private Match. On the lobby screen, (s)he will need to press RB to change courses, and select 'Antarctic' from the 'tournament' tab. You may need to "buy" this tournament with your stars, but if neither player can afford it for whatever reason (and doesn't want to play any single player levels to earn a few stars) you can make up a best of 5 of your own with the levels you do have available, as long as you are both in agreement about playing those ones.
  • No jinxes or powerups are to be used.
  • Once the game has been played either player can come back here and post in this thread to say who won, so I can update the scoreboards!
  • You have until the end of the day 24/11/13 to complete this stage of the tournament (although hopefully you will all be done long before then!)

1. Jevil vs Minkey Monkey
  2. Leigh36295 vs Tricky34
  3. TreeMunky vs Tenlo
  4. Colne Crusader vs Markav

Stage 3: SEMI FINALS Rules:

Stage 3: SEMI FINALS Rules

• For the semi finals, you can choose between the first and second tournament levels, Amazon Jungle Tournament or Antarctic Tournament (players choice).
  • To set up the game, one player will need to go to Multiplayer > Private Match. On the lobby screen, (s)he will need to press RB to change courses, and select 'Amazon Jungle' or 'Antarctic' from the 'tournament' tab. You may need to "buy" one of these tournaments with your stars, but if neither player can afford it for whatever reason (and doesn't want to play any single player levels to earn a few stars) you can make up a best of 5 of your own with the levels you do have available, as long as you are both in agreement about playing those ones.
  • Jinxes can be used if you like. 
  • You have until the end of the day 02/12/13 to complete this stage of the tournament (although hopefully you will all be done long before then!)

1. Jevil vs Leigh36295
  2. TreeMunky vs Colne Crusader

Stage 4: FINAL ROUND Rules:

Stage 4: FINAL ROUND Rules

• The winner will be the top player from a best of 3 tournaments. 3 separate 5 level tournaments will be played, and the winner will be determined not by how many levels are won overall, but by how many tournament wins they have. ie the player that wins 2 or more of the 3 tournaments is the overall winner.
  • For the final battle, it is advised you play the first three tournament levels, Amazon Jungle Tournament, Antarctic Tournament, and finally Egyptian Tournament.
  • To set up the game, one player will need to go to Multiplayer > Private Match. On the lobby screen, (s)he will need to press RB to change courses, and select the right tournament from the 'tournament' tab. You may need to "buy" one of these tournaments with your stars, but if neither player can afford it for whatever reason (and doesn't want to play any single player levels to earn a few stars) you can make up a best of 5 of your own with the levels you do have available, as long as you are both in agreement about playing those ones.
  • No jinxes or powerups can be used, only fair races this time.  
  • You have until the end of the day 11/12/13 to complete this stage of the tournament!

TOURNAMENT WINNER & CRASH COURSE KING: Colne Crusader!
He wins a lovely copy of Snoopy Flying Ace! Congrats!

Last edited by Waggly Bean on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:26 pm; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : Winner info added! Congrats Colne!)
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3373
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 6200

Back to top Go down

Re: Crash Course 2 Tournament

Post  Colne Crusader on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:23 pm

Well done chaps. I bet that was a speedy match looking at the leaderboards!

Might see you in the final Jevil. Fingers crossed! tongue 

Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Number of posts : 6886
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:23 am

Making me sound better than I am minkey Razz On the plus side I'll actually have a decent sized monitor to verse ya, should be here before thursday so I'll be free of the 10' oldie xD so it should be interesting bounce 
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jevil Badger
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2012-02-25
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 2443

http://www.youtube.com/user/MageJevil

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:43 am

Jevil wrote:Making me sound better than I am minkey Razz On the plus side I'll actually have a decent sized monitor to verse ya, should be here before thursday so I'll be free of the 10' oldie xD so it should be interesting bounce 
Dude if you are beating us on a ten inch, then you are good! I wouldn't even be able to see haha

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven  "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8092
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 11856

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:17 pm

A couple of days late on the update. Tree seems to be MIA so Colne gets another cheeky auto-win.

So we come to the final battle - Jevil vs Colne Crusader. Who will be victorious? Place your bets now! Very Happy

Stage 4: FINAL ROUND Rules

• The winner will be the top player from a best of 3 tournaments. 3 separate 5 level tournaments will be played, and the winner will be determined not by how many levels are won overall, but by how many tournament wins they have. ie the player that wins 2 or more of the 3 tournaments is the overall winner.
  • For the final battle, it is advised you play the first three tournament levels, Amazon Jungle Tournament, Antarctic Tournament, and finally Egyptian Tournament.
  • To set up the game, one player will need to go to Multiplayer > Private Match. On the lobby screen, (s)he will need to press RB to change courses, and select the right tournament from the 'tournament' tab. You may need to "buy" one of these tournaments with your stars, but if neither player can afford it for whatever reason (and doesn't want to play any single player levels to earn a few stars) you can make up a best of 5 of your own with the levels you do have available, as long as you are both in agreement about playing those ones.
  • No jinxes or powerups can be used, only fair races this time.  
  • You have until the end of the day 11/12/13 to complete this stage of the tournament (although hopefully you will all be done long before then!)

1. Jevil vs Colne Crusader

Good luck!
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:56 am

-cues the montage with his new monitor strapped to his back- whens the best night for you to do this colne? Razz
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:33 am

Think it'll be weekend before i get on the box mate, but if i get on sooner I'll message you and we can get it out the way!
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 11027

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:37 am

Sounds like a plan o/
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:16 am

Working late tonight. Tomorrow my lounge is being invaded with girls having beauty treatments again, and
weekend is fairly busy too! Help! Looks like i wont even get a warmup game!
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:02 pm

Colne Crusader wrote:Tomorrow my lounge is being invaded with girls having beauty treatments again,
Plenty of time to plan your secret camera placement then.... Wink
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Lighthouseman on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Do you want a hand Colne . YOU PLAY and I will keep the girls busy. Good luck guys with the final. alien 
Lighthouseman
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : lighthouseman
Number of posts : 3356
Registration date : 2009-06-19
TGD Reputation : 44
TGD Elite Member Points : 7153

http://Howard.miller@symingtons.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:35 pm

Yes Lighty. Come and get treatments with the girls! One of em's from Bermuda, so you can always ask about her triangle!! Lollerz! Snort! Very Happy 
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:48 am

Well, i haven't had any xbox time in the last five days and today is no different as i have to haul my mom to Ikea and cram a load of shit in van and then probably assemble it too.

I did go on yesterday as i had a few small windows of opportunity, but Jevil wasn't on. I'll attempt to collar you in the week Jevs!! Do you know if you're about any particular evenings?
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:49 pm

I was checking perodically on my phone app to see if u were on since i was beasting ps3 stuff Razz, how monday night? or tonight if your free
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:35 pm

Tonight's out Jevil, sowee man!

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll get on........
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:35 pm

You free tonight Colne? It's kinda my birthday today so if anythings happening I kinda need to know  Razz 
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:29 pm

Best Just enjoy your birthday proceedings mate. I might get on later, but i really don't know yet... Should be ok yo arrange something after tonight.

Sorry. Things are hectic. Not played 360 for a week.
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:45 pm

No worries man, things are a little wark here too so just prioritize that 1st
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:55 pm

Jevil wrote:No worries man, things are a little wark here too so just prioritize that 1st

A little Wark?? You've got John Wark there? Another legendary Scot! Get his autograph for me mate....
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:04 pm

We finally got round to doing the final of this  Razz  there was a bunch of reasons its been put off for like a month Razz nat issues on his end, my net cutting off for 2 weeks xD and our schedules just clashing lol but its done.

Tourne 1: Colne wins
Tourne 2: Jevil wins
Tourne 3: Colne wins

Hadn't really done the egyptian races before  bounce  thought I did til we started it and was like o.o'' but thats my fault on that part xD was hellova close on the first 2 tourne's similar to my last matches lol but was fun xD congrats Colne ^_^ /poke
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:12 pm

Cheers Jevil.

Wow that was a close match. My nerves are shredded and I'm having a glass of wine to calm me down.

Jevil was extremely consistent, while I was caffling every two minutes and falling off stuff. Lol. Top player.

That's the good thing about this game. Your practice and leaderboard times go out the window.
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Totally man xD I last played this when I was versing Leigh, I think cause it kept getting delayed we didn't care much for the practice lol
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Jevil wrote:Totally man xD I last played this when I was versing Leigh, I think cause it kept getting delayed we didn't care much for the practice lol

I intended to practice but couldn't be arsed in the end. The thought of it filled me with dread. Lolz! Then I thought, well there's no point anyway because as soon as you practice one track to get a good time, you forget it all as soon as you move on to other courses.
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:20 pm

And the fact your racing someone does put ya on edge and makes you more prone to improvising a little since you can see them  Razz 
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:26 pm

Jevil wrote:And the fact your racing someone does put ya on edge and makes you more prone to improvising a little since you can see them  Razz 

Indeed. I took a few risks on some of the trickier shortcuts but failed. Haha!
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:40 pm

FINALLY! Longest comp ever! Razz

Well done Colne, glad to see someone finally emerges victorious!

Final table:

Hope everyone enjoyed the tournament, I may arrange another TGD tourney soon if there is the interest?

Colne, check your PMs shortly for prize options! Wink

EDIT: The Clone has picked his prize - a shiny new copy of Snoopy Flying Ace!

Last edited by Waggly Bean on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adeed what he did won-d)
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content