Crash Course 2 Tournament

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crash Course 2 Tournament

Post  Waggly Bean on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

This will be a knockout tournament to declare the overall champion of Crash Course 2. This will be a friendly tournament, although there will be an XBLA game code up for grabs for the Crash Course 2 king or queen. Crash Course 2 is free so NO EXCUSES! Razz

Rules
- STAGE 1: post below to enter the tourney.
- STAGE 2: Participants will be paired up randomly. These pairs will be listed in this thread by me.
- It is then up to each pair to arrange a game before the cut off date set by me.
- Set up for game: will be a best of 5 rounds between each player (specifics to follow).
- Failure to arrange and play your game before the cut-off date may result in disqualification. If there are any problems getting your paired rival to play with you, you need to post in this thread so I can either arrange a new partner for you or decide that the other person has forfeited their place.
- When each pair has played their game, they will come back to this thread and post who won out of the two. The winners will go on to the next stage of the tourney and face a winner from another pair. I will post tournament progress here in the first post for you to follow along with. Smile
- Eventually we will get to the final, and the winner will be declared. This person shall be idolised by all, and given an amazing prize!
- NOTE: New site members are welcome to join in and will be eligible for any prizes given.

So, who's up for it? We need 8 to make this a goer, but 16 would be more exciting! Wink

ENTRANTS:

1. Waggly
  2. Markav
  3. Rogue Minerva
  4. Tricky34
  5. minkey_monkey
  6. Leigh36295
  7. Tenlo
  8. RabidHellBunny
  9. ruffriddimz
  10. Lighthouseman
  11. Colne Crusader
  12. Jevil
  13. FoxyBoy89
  14. TreeMunky

As you can probably tell, the lack of a full 16 players has left the table slightly lop-sided, meaning two players automatically have to start from the quarter finals. There are pros and cons to this - these guys obviously have to sit out the first rounds, but it does of course mean they are closer to being crowned winner straight off the mark! Razz

Next steps:
Stage 1 Rules:

Stage 1 Rules

• Each pair must arrange to play their own game. Any problems with this must be reported in the thread.
  • The winner will be the top player from a best of 5 game.
  • For the first level of the tournament, I recommend playing the Amazon Jungle Tournament.
  • To set up the game, one player will need to go to Multiplayer > Private Match. On the lobby screen, (s)he will need to press RB to change courses, and select 'Amazon Jungle' from the 'tournament' tab. You may need to "buy" this tournament with your stars - I believe I had enough stars to do this straight away when I started the game, but if neither player can afford it for whatever reason (and doesn't want to play any single player levels to earn a few stars) you can make up a best of 5 of your own with the levels you do have available, as long as you are both in agreement about playing those ones.
  • Once the game has been played either player can come back here and post in this thread to say who won, so I can update the scoreboards!
  • You have until the end of the day 03/11/13 to complete this stage of the tournament (although hopefully we will all be done long before then!)

So, these people now need to arrange their own games:

1. Lighthouseman vs Minkey Monkey
  2. Waggly Bean vs Leigh36295
  3. Ruffridimz vs Tricky34
  4. RabidHellBunny vs Tenlo
  5. Colne Crusader vs IAmProjectAlice
  6. FoxyBoy89 vs Markav

Jevil and Treemunky wait for the next stage. Sorry guys! Embarassed

Stage 2 Rules:

Stage 2 Rules

• Each pair must arrange to play their own game. Any problems with this must be reported in the thread.
  • For the quarter finals, I recommend playing the second tournament levels, Antarctic Tournament.
  • To set up the game, one player will need to go to Multiplayer > Private Match. On the lobby screen, (s)he will need to press RB to change courses, and select 'Antarctic' from the 'tournament' tab. You may need to "buy" this tournament with your stars, but if neither player can afford it for whatever reason (and doesn't want to play any single player levels to earn a few stars) you can make up a best of 5 of your own with the levels you do have available, as long as you are both in agreement about playing those ones.
  • No jinxes or powerups are to be used.
  • Once the game has been played either player can come back here and post in this thread to say who won, so I can update the scoreboards!
  • You have until the end of the day 24/11/13 to complete this stage of the tournament (although hopefully you will all be done long before then!)

1. Jevil vs Minkey Monkey
  2. Leigh36295 vs Tricky34
  3. TreeMunky vs Tenlo
  4. Colne Crusader vs Markav

Stage 3: SEMI FINALS Rules:

Stage 3: SEMI FINALS Rules

• For the semi finals, you can choose between the first and second tournament levels, Amazon Jungle Tournament or Antarctic Tournament (players choice).
  • To set up the game, one player will need to go to Multiplayer > Private Match. On the lobby screen, (s)he will need to press RB to change courses, and select 'Amazon Jungle' or 'Antarctic' from the 'tournament' tab. You may need to "buy" one of these tournaments with your stars, but if neither player can afford it for whatever reason (and doesn't want to play any single player levels to earn a few stars) you can make up a best of 5 of your own with the levels you do have available, as long as you are both in agreement about playing those ones.
  • Jinxes can be used if you like. 
  • You have until the end of the day 02/12/13 to complete this stage of the tournament (although hopefully you will all be done long before then!)

1. Jevil vs Leigh36295
  2. TreeMunky vs Colne Crusader

Stage 4: FINAL ROUND Rules:

Stage 4: FINAL ROUND Rules

• The winner will be the top player from a best of 3 tournaments. 3 separate 5 level tournaments will be played, and the winner will be determined not by how many levels are won overall, but by how many tournament wins they have. ie the player that wins 2 or more of the 3 tournaments is the overall winner.
  • For the final battle, it is advised you play the first three tournament levels, Amazon Jungle Tournament, Antarctic Tournament, and finally Egyptian Tournament.
  • To set up the game, one player will need to go to Multiplayer > Private Match. On the lobby screen, (s)he will need to press RB to change courses, and select the right tournament from the 'tournament' tab. You may need to "buy" one of these tournaments with your stars, but if neither player can afford it for whatever reason (and doesn't want to play any single player levels to earn a few stars) you can make up a best of 5 of your own with the levels you do have available, as long as you are both in agreement about playing those ones.
  • No jinxes or powerups can be used, only fair races this time.  
  • You have until the end of the day 11/12/13 to complete this stage of the tournament!

TOURNAMENT WINNER & CRASH COURSE KING: Colne Crusader!
He wins a lovely copy of Snoopy Flying Ace! Congrats!

Last edited by Waggly Bean on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:26 pm; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : Winner info added! Congrats Colne!)
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3373
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 6080

Back to top Go down

Re: Crash Course 2 Tournament

Post  Lighthouseman on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:12 pm

I had the same tv . It also died in very exact way.

Lighthouseman
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Number of posts : 3356
Registration date : 2009-06-19

http://Howard.miller@symingtons.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:30 pm

It's eight years old mate so its had a good run Razz gonna buy a wee monitor in a fortnight to tide me over while I save up for a proper tv
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jevil Badger
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2012-02-25
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 2323

http://www.youtube.com/user/MageJevil

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:54 am

Got you msg on xbl. Should be able to do an evening next week Smile

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven  "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8092
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 11736

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:13 am

i'll be back home on wednesday evening if you wanna do our match before friday Rick?
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 7662

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:03 pm

Leigh36295 wrote:i'll be back home on wednesday evening if you wanna do our match before friday Rick?
Yeah i should be online most nights this week Leigh.

Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7245
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 10826

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Tree, I'll be on all week till Friday in the evening just let me know when you want to get this done!
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 9477

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Erm... Jevil, hopefully I will be able to get on this week. If you haven't already guessed from my whinging every where and even a dedicated thread to it Wink my internet is fucked! lol

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven  "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:13 am

Tried bombarding my opponent with invites while he pretended to be offline so he could play hitman. Ignored again...

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:33 pm

You guys have only got until Sunday!! Very Happy
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3373
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 6080

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Waggly Bean wrote:You guys have only got until Sunday!! Very Happy
I am trying!

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Razz 
Markav wrote:
Waggly Bean wrote:You guys have only got until Sunday!! Very Happy
I am trying!
what you prattling on about this time?? Pretending to be offline?
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6886
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 10907

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Jevils my internet is on now... Apparently it's all fixed so hopefully we can get his done. I'm free for a quick bash Thursday night, Friday all day, sat day time and probably anyttime Sunday Smile

(This is assuming my net stays on other wise it will between 5pm - 7pm on Saturday or Sunday am as I can use the other halls box)

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:25 pm

minkey_monkey wrote: I'm free for a quick bash Thursday night, Friday all day, sat day time and probably anyttime Sunday

I can use the other halls box
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:02 pm

Colne Crusader wrote:
minkey_monkey wrote: I'm free for a quick bash Thursday night, Friday all day, sat day time and probably anyttime Sunday

I can use the other halls box
Fookin auto correct strikes again haha... Other halfs box

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:43 pm

My TV's proper dead now, found an old school 10" tv/vcr combo and that didn't work too xD I'll keep trying to find something because im slowing going insane with no tv either way Razz
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:50 pm

I feel sorry for you matey Sad. you should check gumtree, loads of people usually on there these days selling cheap 32 inch TV's, not flat screen but at least something you can watch the tv/ DVDs on.

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:54 pm

I'm getting a wee monitor next thursday to tide me over til i can get a big tv but i was expecting my old samsung to hold out til then -.- lots of glares at it doesn't make any difference so far, if on a rare occurrence it does work o.o its staying on til i vs ya lol
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey on Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:29 am

I'll try and stay on stand by for you Smile

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:11 am

Jevil, try and look for a local freecycle group in your area. As quite often people will give away the old style tvs, when they upgrade to flatscreens.

Also local for sale groups on Facebook can be good for finding some bargains.

Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7245
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 10826

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:33 am

Not got anything like that nearby tricky =/ cant really buy stuff til next thursday since thats my next payday :Pso gotta grit my teeth til then and hope my tv bes nice and turns on

Edit instead of double posting: Found a wee 10" tele in my loft that still works xD so that'll do for a week
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Well it was a close call with two all by the last course, but Jevil beat my arse into the ground with the last course and was the winner. Well done fella!

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:44 pm

I'll be on night tonight Tree if you want to get this done!
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 9477

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:52 pm

Well played Jevil.

Markav was trying to get me in the week but life got a bit hectic for me. But I've been around all weekend, but cant get hold of the bugger. I guess he's doing family things.

Might be asking for an extension to tomorrow night if we cant find each other toneet...
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Colne