The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fast And Furious Showdown Review

3 posters

Go down

Fast And Furious Showdown Review Empty Fast And Furious Showdown Review

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:25 pm

This is my first review for the site, hope no one has done a review for this game yet. Also if anyone thinks I can improve, feel free to let me know.

The Fast and Furious Showdown Game Review

As a massive The Fast and The Furious fan, and loved all the films so far but I have not seen the 6th film yet, I thought I would do a review of Fast and Furious Showdown game.

The Fast and Furious Showdown game is a very big letdown, as it fails on practically every level to capture and its cinematic frantic energy and enthusiasm for the awesome destruction. This game actually feels like a rehash original Xbox game, and also plays like one. It also feels like the bare minimum for what it takes to be a great racing game.

Yes it has cars, yes it is also interactive. Yes it is also possible to complete the game. No it doesn’t even have the entertainment level to be found within its shell.

I will give you an example of how this half movie tie in manages to very loosely reproduces the films, while completely ruining the life and fun out of them. There is an early mission that recreates the thrilling bank vault heist from the end of the 5th film, which features Vin Diesel and Paul Walker blazing through the streets of Rio De Janiero with a big safe which is tethered behind their cars. Well that level in the game switches Diesel with Ludacris’s character (which shows Vin Diesel was really smart to not want his likeness in this poor game). It reduces the destructive safe to the weight of a piñata filled with sweets and candy, and it also kills any real enjoyment that was contained within the film with no driving physics, really bad collision detection, lifeless environments, and has bugs around every corner.

The point with that mission, like the other 30 included, was pitifully over within 4 or 5 minutes. So if you do the maths you come out with a completion time of 2 and a half hours, or 3 hours if you take into account for the uneven difficulty that switches between patronizingly simple and stupidly difficult. Even though I have not played all of the missions, it seems the game is trying to persuade gamers to stop playing before they reach the finish line.

It is also impressive to consider how Fast and Furious Showdown’s missions actually transform the act of driving 200mph into a mimal chore. Most of the missions involved me doing little more than driving and making it from point a to point b at a slow pace and often ends in success or failing for no reason at all. But some of the missions required me to man a gun with endless ammo and aiming it towards anything that moves.

I would also like to say the Germany Missions in particular are riddled with bugs and fail- states in the form of proximity mines that act without logic sometimes the mines can be destroyed, other times they must be missed. There are also moments where the mines are simply not passable, and I had to restart the mission in order to navigate the mines.

The Missions in Rio, Miami and even Hong Kong are not much better, and are certainly not graphically better. So presented without context, I would have said Fast and Furious Showdown is a badly made budget game from over a decade ago.
Also between races and missions, there are really low budget storyline clips that have a really bad storytelling, which are followed by really long loading times and the stand in voice actors (no one from the films would lend their vocal talents for this game) rattle off their lines with no emotion at all. I have not see Fast and The Furious 6 yet, so I can’t comment if Fast and Furious Showdown follows the film’s storyline. But I can say that the game developers have completed messed up events from the previous 5 films.

The only good thing about Fast and Furious Showdown game is, if a friend has it you can choose to partner up with them and play through in co-op mode. So playing it with a friend might give the Fast and Furious Showdown a new lease of life, as it creates an open dialogue regarding the ways to spend your time and money.
Fast and Furious is at a budget price of £29.99, which is unethical for a product of such poor quality and little content. While playing the game I didn’t really enjoy it, and also could not imagine anybody else enjoying it.

My Verdict

Fast and Furious Showdown has poor driving physics, weak shooting, it is too short, really buggy missions, bad looking tracks and really bad impersonated voice acting which actually makes Fast and Furious Showdown a really terrible movie tie-in game.

My Scores

Graphics = 1/10
Game play = 1/10
Cutscences = 1/10
Bad Shooting = 1/10
Similar Tracks = 1/10

Back to top Go down

Fast And Furious Showdown Review Empty Re: Fast And Furious Showdown Review

Post  Waggly Bean Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Sounds like a game to avoid to me! Razz
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3373
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8497

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:57 pm

Great review of a naff game.

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:25 am

Good work, one to avoid then!
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13806
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25557

http://www.TheGamesDen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:59 am

yeah I would avoid it, but that is only my view.

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Good  effort  Alice. Thanks for saving us all 30 notes. Very Happy
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6886
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158