Tenlo's XBLA Bragging Contest

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tenlo's XBLA Bragging Contest

Post  Tenlo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

With the recent announcement of next month's Xbox Live Rewards event (check Graham's post here) I thought what the hell let's have an impromptu contest for all those XBLA titles cluttering up our hard drives.

So throughout April I challenge you all to complete as many XBLA achievements as you can on as many different games as possible! Who will win out, who will falter first, who has some right bizarre stuff backed up in their backlog? All will be revealed over the month.

At the moment all the prizes we have are pure bragging rights, but I will try and scavenge some codes and gifts from companies over the month, but no guarantees! As it's all fun there will be several categories to win in. Obvious categories will be most GS and most achievements earned, but I will also be announcing more random categories such as least GS and achievements earned, most and least amount of games you've earned achievements in as well as most completed games. Plus any more bizarre ones that pop into my head.

All in all it's going to be a good chuckle and gives us all an excuse to tackle some of those games lurking in our backlogs! Plus with the variety of categories I can think of, I can imagine everyone has a chance of winning something (thought it may take me a couple of days to write up the final victor's posts).

To enter all you have to do is join the leaderboard here (if the link doesn't work just follow the leaderboard on my TA page. If you're not on TA or just want to make my life a living nightmare, then just PM me your gamertag and I'll shift through your game list and do it manually (and prepare for some cursing and blaspheming of your name - no Xmas cards for you!!!). I'll take note of everyone's scores around midnight 31st March and keep tabs from there. If you join late don't worry I'll just keep tabs from when you do start.

So apologies for the suddenness of the comp but it's a moment of inspiration, hence the slapdash logo and lack of organisation, but I'm sure it'll come together. So let's clear that XBLA backlog together and earn some bragging rights and possible forum badges (just came to me that idea - I told you this was in the process of being made!) plus don't forget to sign up to Xbox rewards as you may as well get some free stuff from them too!
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 9542

Back to top Go down

Re: Tenlo's XBLA Bragging Contest

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:19 am

Got my son to play sonic fighters whilst at work. That's how its done.

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:35 am

Markav wrote:Got my son to play sonic fighters whilst at work. That's how its done.

I call shenanigans!!! Cheat!!

send his son an easter egg, but no prizes for him Wink

KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13806
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 23205

http://www.TheGamesDen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:13 am

I have a full time job and don't own a Windows phone. Had to think of something Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:59 pm

Tenlo wrote: but it seems Stubbymite may well miss the whole competition as he has still yet to score!!
Maybe he is playing, but his wireless adapter has dropped out the back of his 360 or something? Very Happy

Tenlo wrote:Today sees the release of classic Double Dragon 2
Wha? How did I miss this? Shocked

Markav wrote:I have a full time job and don't own a Windows phone. Had to think of something Wink
Evening up the playing field with child labour. I like it. Wink
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3373
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 6145

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Waggly Bean wrote:
Tenlo wrote:Today sees the release of classic Double Dragon 2
Wha? How did I miss this? Shocked

It's been a very quiet release for some reason. But its live for 800MSP on Xbox.com
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:11 pm

The marketplace listing is the funniest thing I've read in ages...

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Double-Dragon-II/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841128d

This is a remake “Double Dragon II” a 80’s game. The story line takes same as original game story. However, the graphic, character, action, system etc. are change. Also we are including new stage and enemy in the game. The player will be addicted to new version of Double Dragon II. Also, characters are undressed from 80’s style, and recreated with modern sexy and beautiful style that amaze you and feel never been experienced world before.
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 8694

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:36 pm

GrahamOfTheDead wrote:The marketplace listing is the funniest thing I've read in ages...

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Double-Dragon-II/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841128d

This is a remake “Double Dragon II” a 80’s game. The story line takes same as original game story. However, the graphic, character, action, system etc. are change. Also we are including new stage and enemy in the game. The player will be addicted to new version of Double Dragon II. Also, characters are undressed from 80’s style, and recreated with modern sexy and beautiful style that amaze you and feel never been experienced world before.

That would explain why all the contacts for this game were from Korea!!!
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:38 pm

GrahamOfTheDead wrote:The marketplace listing is the funniest thing I've read in ages...

That is some amazing translation skills someone has. I am going to have to download it just to see the 'undressed' characters. Very Happy
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:17 pm

Right my first completion is done now with Dust. Now I think its time to hit the Sega pile methinks, first up the Vintage Collections then to finish off all the Sonic games!!
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:10 pm

You are all slags and ho's and cheats!!!!!!! These Sega whorers should be banned! And as for games featuring fairies!!! WELL!!!!!! You should all be ashamed Very Happy

I've got busy now this week so no scoring for me for a couple of days! Sob!! Sad But it seems it's within the rules to get family members to play for you!! Cheating bastards!!! Razz Razz So, on that note, my mum will be playing Robotron for me while I'm at work next week. I've told her she can't stop until she's got the full 200!! Razz

Thanks for the update Tenners! It makes for good reading!
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6886
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 10972

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:53 pm

Colne Crusader wrote: I've told her she can't stop until she's got the full 200!! Razz

She's gonna be playing for a loooong time! Shocked
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:40 am

This mornings update comes courtesy of a night of Old Speckled Hen, hence please excuse spelling mistakes and lack of cognitive functions as dehydration kicks in!!

Right well yesterday was a better day for scoring with 9 competitors knocking out achievements. Between them we had a total of 8 game completions, 118 achievements and 2320 GS which is a new record for daily scores in the contest.

Now onto the individual breakdowns. Leigh36295 and Gambler6464 both knocked out one achievement each yesterday giving them 15 and 10GS each. Next up we had GrahamoftheDead with 6 achievements bringing him 90GS, followed by Shiffy UK who unlocked 7 achievements for 125GS. Three competitors managed 8 achievements yesterday with TreeMunky and BawHawHaw both completing Chapter 4 of Walking Dead for 100GS each and myself finishing off Dust for my first completion and 150GS.

However some huge efforts from Markav, though perhaps we should start saying Team Markav, as a suspiciously high 26 achievements were unlocked yesterday for 385 GS and two completions of Trine 2 and Axel and Pixel (which is an awesome quirkly little game).

It seems that the Sega trilogy of Fighting games is the cause of all these high scores as Waggly Bean succumbed to the temptation yesterday as he racked up a huge 53 achievements for a total of 1345 GS and 5 completions, the scorewhore trilogy of Sonic the Fighters, Fighting Vipers and Virtua Fighter 2 as well as Golden Axe and the Walking Dead.

So now as we head into the weekend how are the leaderboards looking. Well not too many changes overall in the table with only two players moving up the leaderboard, myself sneaking past Colne Crusader into 6th place and Waggly shooting all the way from 10th into 1st after a good day. I'll put the full leaderboard with current GS earned up below.

Waggly Bean - 1560
ShooterMcGavin2 - 1400
Shiffy UK - 1220
Markav - 1110
TreeMunky - 725
Tenlo - 660
Colne Crusader - 591
BawHawHaw - 590
GrahamoftheDead - 565
Leigh36295 - 380
Kent Hammer - 190
Gambler6464 - 60
Naf Vertone - 20
Stubbymite - 0

As you can see it's still a close race with only 410 GS between 1st and 4th which is one new arcade title and 160 GS between 5th and 9th which is less than an old XBLA title so there is still plenty of chances for people to get some good scores.

Do you fancy and added incentive to get some score in over the weekend, well I can now announce that we have some prizes for the highest weekly GS. Thanks to the kinds guys at 11bit Studios and BitComposer we have a choice of codes for Anomaly: Warzone Earth or Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams to go to the winner come end of play Sunday. We've also had some great news about the overall winners prizes but more will be revealed soon!!

So stop reading this and go and score some GS!! Oh and for stats fans everywhere, this update has taken 3 cups of coffee and a lot of glazed staring, never mix alcohol and stat counting!!!
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:59 am

Haha, I know I whored yesterday, but didn't expect to jump into 1st place. Razz

Oh well, I'm sure it won't last - those were my easiest points waiting to be earned, and we're still only at the start of the month... Smile
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:13 pm

Great work Waggly.

Nice update tenlo and thanks for your hard work.

I will try and get some kinda score today, but my bubble was burst as I was really enjoying Disney Fairies on my surface tablet but its glitched and I will be forever stuck on 50G!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

It crashes at the same point every single time!n Fuck you fairy kettle!

KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13806
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 23205

http://www.TheGamesDen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:54 pm

"Team Markav" has backfired as Jake is now going to play minecraft with his friend for most of today, so no gamerscore to be had. Trine 2 and Axel and pixel were my effort, both great games and fairly enjoyable max's for anyone who has not yet played them. I really want anomaly warzone...I still have fighting vipers/vf2 in my pocket yet.
Oh by the way Colne Crusader. You are still in the top ten on Axel and pixel. Sixth overall score and pretty high in the mini games.

Last edited by Markav on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Well scored yooz guys!! And thanks for another great update Tenners! Apart from the bit where you snook past me, you naughty little stealth character!! I better get playing today!!! Very Happy
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:11 pm

Colne Crusader wrote:Well scored yooz guys!! And thanks for another great update Tenners! Apart from the bit where you snook past me, you naughty little stealth character!! I better get playing today!!! Very Happy
Check my edit to the post above mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Markav wrote:
Colne Crusader wrote:Well scored yooz guys!! And thanks for another great update Tenners! Apart from the bit where you snook past me, you naughty little stealth character!! I better get playing today!!! Very Happy
Check my edit to the post above mate

Yeay for me!!! Cheers Chap!! Very Happy
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:03 am

Ah man I'm screwed, I've been working 14 hours shifts since Thursday,

Can't see the next time Im going to be on my xbox!!
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 3785

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:48 am

Sh00t3rmcgavin2 wrote:Ah man I'm screwed, I've been working 14 hours shifts since Thursday,

Unlucky!!

Don't worry, there's still plenty of time to regain your place. Wink
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:57 am

Waggly Bean wrote:
Sh00t3rmcgavin2 wrote:Ah man I'm screwed, I've been working 14 hours shifts since Thursday,

Unlucky!!

Oooh!! The ribbing begins!! cheers
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:42 am

Colne Crusader wrote:
Waggly Bean wrote:

Unlucky!!

Oooh!! The ribbing begins!! cheers

It's funny now, but it won't be in a few days when I run out games! Razz
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:43 am

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, children of all ages, GSA proudly brings to you the daily update of the XBLA Bragging contest and what a day it's been!

11 of our 14 participants put scores on the door yesterday with a grand total of 113 achievements scored, 7 completed games and 2080 GS racked up, which while not as high as yesterday is still an impressive amount of gaming.

So how did the individuals work out. Well our three non-scorers were Stubbymite, ShooterMcGavin and Naf Vertone, though Naf was battling to keep the GSA Warriors out of relegation so that's understandable.

After them comes 6 combatants all scoring under 100GS. Colne Crusader, myself, Shiffy UK, Kent Hammer, Gambler6464 and BawHawHaw scored 85, 60, 40, 30,30 and 10GS respectively. A slow day for us guys but still with many weeks ahead perhaps some people are playing strategically. It's also worth pointing out that both Colne and Shiffy finished off a game yesterday, Colne polishing off Sonic & Knuckles and Shiffy finishing Comic Jumper,

So that leaves us with 5 players who racked up some impressive scores. Starting with the lowest we have Leigh36295 who not only finished off Minecraft but also racked up 170 GS. Next up is our XBLA king GrahamoftheDead who is still managing to find games he hasn't finished yet and racked up 250GS. Then comes yesterdays leader of the pack Waggly Bean who scored 340 GS and knocked Kinect Fun Labs: Kinect Rush: Snapshot out for a quick 50GS (if nothing else the Kinect has given us some easy free games). That leaves two players left. First up is Team Markav (sorry but that names sticking) who scored 410 GS but succumbed to the Sega fighting temptation and finished Virtua Fighter 2 off (will anyone be able to resist these games by the end of the contest). Finally we have TreeMunky pulling off an impressive 655 GS and two game completions one being Virtua Fighter 2 while the other is Walking Dead.

So how do these effect the scores as we come to the last day of the current scoring period. Well the bottom of the table remains the same, however GrahamoftheDead has leaped from 9th to 6th place pushing myself, Colne and BawHawHaw down a place each. Shiffy has moved from 3rd to 5th place as TreeMunky moves to fourth place and Markav knocks ShooterMcGavin into 3rd place by taking the second spot. However Waggly Bean is still standing tall at the top of the table and has extended his lead to just under 400GS.

Waggly Bean - 1900
Markav - 1520
ShooterMcGavin2 - 1400
TreeMunky - 1380
Shiffy UK - 1260
GrahamoftheDead - 815
Tenlo - 720
Colne Crusader - 676
BawHawHaw - 600
Leigh36295 - 550
Kent Hammer - 220
Gambler6464 - 90
Naf Vertone - 20
Stubbymite - 0

With one day left before the end of the first week and the first prize of a copy of Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams or Anomaly: Warzone Earth, there is still a good chance of knocking Waggly Bean off the top spot.

Don't forget tomorrow to come back to see a bumper edition with not just stats about todays gaming, but also the past weeks and hopefully the announcement of the final prizes of the competition. Keep up those XBLA titles and enjoy!
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:54 am

You're all complete WHORES!!!!!!! Wink

Nice one Tenners!

Hoping to score a few more points today. I was gonna get up early and make a start on a few more completions, but I ended up watching a stoooopid Meg Ryan film until 4am so that put paid to that! Gonna take the dog out now and then have a sausage butty fuelled sesh!!
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:27 pm

GOTD on the march!!