New Twitter Account Now Active - Follow for the Chance to Win 2100 MS Points

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Twitter Account Now Active - Follow for the Chance to Win 2100 MS Points

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:30 am

So we have a new twitter account which can be found here:

GSA on Twitter

Organised and run my myself and minkey_monkey

It's a bit of an experiment to see if we can generate more forum visits and sign ups. Please bare in mind we are still working on the final design / layout so any comments would be appreciated.

I am going to be organising some prizes and incentives for those following to encourage you to spread the word of GSA.

As an initial offer I am stumping up 2100 ms points as as random prize to anyone who follows us before March 14th and retweets the following message to their followers:

@GSA_forum For Xbox 360 banter,gaming,reviews and news.Follow&RT for chance to win 2100 MS Points. http://thegamesden.forumotion.com/forum

A random retweeter will be picked on the 14th March and will receive 2100 ms points Very Happy

Obviously any questions please contact myself on minkey_monkey on here or on Twitter.

Back to top Go down

Re: New Twitter Account Now Active - Follow for the Chance to Win 2100 MS Points

Post  minkey_monkey on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:20 pm

Very good of you chap to offer up the prize Very Happy

Yes, the current design/ layout is a very quick one just to get away from the generic twitter layout. It will be changed over the next few days. Hoping to try and tie it in with the fab current design by colne Smile

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven  "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8092
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 11802

Back to top Go down

Re: New Twitter Account Now Active - Follow for the Chance to Win 2100 MS Points

Post  stubbymite on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:39 pm

i have retweeted and followed lets hope this gets the message out.

Great work guys
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4309
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 7665

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:53 pm

Nice work. Great comp mate

Back to top Go down

Post  habitualschizo on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:05 pm

That's generous of you. I've done my small part and spread the word.
habitualschizo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : habitualschizo
Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-03-16
TGD Reputation : 54
TGD Elite Member Points : 3757

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:31 pm

We also have a Lego Star Wars 3 code up for grabs. This competition is only available for new sign up members to enter so any friends you have to recommend to the sight this is the time to do it.

Any new sign ups between now and 14th March just need to tweet and follow us to enter Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:02 am

Followed and retweeted
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3286
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 6675

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:44 pm

Cool. Well after 24 hours we have one new site member, 17 retweets, and 51 followers (after I deleted the 50 or so spam bots) so a good start me thinks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:51 pm

You've done a really good job chap Smile I'll try and get stuck in a bit more over the weekend.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven  "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:28 pm

Just clicked on Follow myself too. I'm the one with the picture of a dog wearing a cut off demin jacket complete with AC/DC patch Very Happy
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 5074

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:33 pm

I forgot to say, for anyone who wants to connect with other GSA'ers over Twitter I have created a list on the GSA_forum page for all the GSA members who I have noticed are following / followed. Think I didn't miss anyone Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Well played to Minks on re-jigging the banner for Twitter! It looks sweet! Very Happy
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6886
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 10973

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Colne Crusader wrote:Well played to Minks on re-jigging the banner for Twitter! It looks sweet! Very Happy

I'm glad you like it Very Happy Always nervous working with over peoples work incase they hate it. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven BIG BIG THANKS!!!! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven for letting us use it Very Happy Think it gives us a good continuity look Very Happy It's up on the FB as well ties them all in nicely Smile

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:50 pm

minkey_monkey wrote:
Colne Crusader wrote:Well played to Minks on re-jigging the banner for Twitter! It looks sweet! Very Happy

I'm glad you like it Very Happy Always nervous working with over peoples work incase they hate it. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven BIG BIG THANKS!!!! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven for letting us use it Very Happy Think it gives us a good continuity look Very Happy It's up on the FB as well ties them all in nicely Smile

gotta be good to have the site across social media Smile

Thanks to everyone for supporting the relaunch of GSA on Twitter. 212 followers and 4 member sign ups after the first week and so many retweets / favourited tweets / FF's I have lost count. Truly helping to get the forum name on twitter Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andyhadpie247 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Yeah I'm quite new to the site but It's been great and passes the time, also it's been very helpful for finding out lots of new stuff and meeting new people. glad to see the news of it spreading across various social sites Smile
Andyhadpie247
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Andyhadpie247
Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2012-02-06
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 2548

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Found out this morning via twitter that I am the lucky winner of the points :Dim made up just have the fun problem of trying to decide what to spend them on now Smile cheers guys and I'll keep spamming twitter and promoting the site at every opportunity Smile
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Ba5sett wrote:Found out this morning via twitter that I am the lucky winner of the points :Dim made up just have the fun problem of trying to decide what to spend them on now Smile cheers guys and I'll keep spamming twitter and promoting the site at every opportunity Smile

Well done, don't forget to post here too mate as we have not seen you for ages!

KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13806
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 23206

http://www.TheGamesDen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:39 am

I'm always here lurking around Smile
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum